Notices

how to take off door panels and auto windows?

Old 07-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Crazy_Phucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to take off door panels and auto windows?

the car is a 99 civic ex

Can someone do the best they can to explain to me what i would be looking at once i get the door panel off and how i would go about taking everything out. (like all the wiring and the metal parts that move the window up and down)

I was planning on just having a shop put it together when i get it all off but i really dont want to have someone payed to take the pieces off. (Dont think theyd come to his house and take it off)

i wanted to transfer it to an EK hatch w/ no power window
Old 07-11-2003, 04:34 AM
Josher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In getting the door panel off, make sure you remove all the screws before trying to rip the door off. In my teg and on the older Civics (1993) there's usually a screw hidden by the interior door handle along with another screw and a plastic screw.

Once the door panel is off, you'll need to remove 6 10 mm bolts (least they were that size on a 93 Civic) to remove the power window motor and the X-shaped bracket. You'll also have to take out the sliders that the X bracket slides in.

Otherwise, just carefully remove any and all wiring and wiring harnessses associated with the power windows. Make sure you disconnect the battery before you do this and move slowly taking care not to rip out the power door locks too.

Wish I could go into more detail, but all I know is based on my changing a power window motor in a Civic.