Notices

2003 Civic EX Electrical problem

Old 07-02-2003, 03:08 PM
firestarter247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Civic EX Electrical problem

Car Stereo problem

I took the stereo out of my trade-in vehicle and put it into my 2003 Honda Civic EX. I did not have to cut any factory wiring. I had a wiring harness for my CD Player and then also the wiring harness that fits right into the Civic. I wired those two harnesses together and when I turned on the ignition on and got no power to the cd player. I figured I would just put the factory stereo back in. I put the 2 harnesses back on the air/heat controls, one harness back on the hazard lights, one harness back on the back defroster switch, and then one harness and the antenna back on the cd player. When I turned the ignition on, the cd player should display “CODE” but never did. Since then, here is what is wrong:

--The cd player won’t turn on
--Keyless entry will not work
--Unless I have the ignition to the “ON” position, the power locks will not work
--Unless I have the ignition to the “ON” position, the dome light will not come on when a door is ajar.

Here is what I troubleshooting I did:

--Double checked I plugged everything in correctly to the back of the cd player and air/heat accessories
--I checked the fuse for the radio and also the fuse under the hood for automatic locks and both looked and tested good.
--I unhooked the negative battery cable for a 12 hour period in case some kind of anti-theft device was locking it out.

Any help or ideas would be great!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 AM
acur8

Default About the Keyless entry & radio not working

Hello, My name is Amy & I have a 2002 Acura RSX and I am having the same problem that you were except that mine was from the stock radio & keyless entry. My battery went completely dead and I jumped the car but after that my radio wont come on at all and my keyless entry doesn't work and my doors wont lock unless the car is on. I was wondering if you had the chance to fix it or if you knew what the problem was, I have no idea where to start. Maybe a fuse or re-programming the keyless entry? PLEASE HELP?
Thanks,
Amy
Old 11-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Wharbone

Did you check your fuses under your hood as wheel as in cabin? Check all of your fuses.

Did you not disconnect your neg. terminal when installing?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:37 AM
acur8

Thank You I Will Try
Old 11-07-2005, 10:39 AM
acur8

OH I didnt install anything I just jumped my battery, would that make a difference?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Wharbone

Originally Posted by acur8
OH I didnt install anything I just jumped my battery, would that make a difference?
Possible. Check all of your fuses.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:17 PM
nashy2k

Default Similar problem

I had a similar problem that both you guys have minus the keyless entry. Mine is a 92 Accord and I tried changing the stock radio with an old CD player I had. Turns out the CD player didn't work and was skipping so I reinstalled the stock radio. BUmmer! Stock radio didn't work anymore. I made a mistake of trying to ground the CD player while installing not having to remove the neg terminal of the battery. Regret that decision. So anyways, I changed the fuse but the same problem's there. Plus the cigarette lighter dock is not working either. Could it be a wiring short or a fuse problem?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:13 AM
96GreenCivic

Well, don't most OE Honda radios need a code when deactivated? If you don't have the access code, go to the dealer for it. It should be free. As for all the other electrical just b/c of a simple install sounds weird to me. I'd say get the code for your radio first and go from there.