Notices

Rear Window help.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Berlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Window help.

I just bought my del Sol and when I roll down the rear window it makes a funny noise like a lisence plate fell in there and was wondering is there anyway to get in there to see what it is. And it rattles when I hit bumps.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:20 PM
da93soul

I re-vinyled my rear and the side and the rear panel just pops off but you need to work with it. Dont just keep on pulling one part you need to pull all over the panel so it'll ease out of its place. A flat head might help. It might be you window motor that needs to be replaced if your window doesnt roll down smoothly.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:00 AM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Taking off the interior panels alone will not get you into the window track. You must also remove some bolts and take out the rear firewall, a awkwardly large and difficult piece to mess around with.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

If you need any help on specifics, let me know, and I'll post how to do it. I've taken them out about 5-6 times, so it's child's play for me now.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Killer_Red_Sol

I would like to know how to. I bet it would be a good part to remove when race day rolls around, you know for a little more go in da Sol.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:57 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

a little more go = terrible terrible handling. Isn't that piece one of the keystones of the Del Sol chassis??
Old 06-28-2003, 09:08 PM
Killer_Red_Sol

I dont knowif it is or not. I was just thinking of takin it out to go to the drag track for a day and putting it back in. Not leaving it out for good.:thumbup:
Old 06-29-2003, 12:14 AM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

No it's not. There's two of them, one on each side of the window. Take one out, there's still the other. Still, I would never drive my Sol if both of them weren't in.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:16 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Alright, to tak it out, the first thing you need to do is remove all of the plastic parts in the rear. The upper center panel just pulls off, and that exposes the screws for the two speaker panels. Take the screws out of those, and then slide them toward the front of the car. Next, you need to remove the rear console piece. There are two screws on each side, and one in the little storage section. Once those are out, lift it up and unplug the connection for your cigarette lighter. Now, open the rear storage bins and remove the screws at the bottom of each one. There are also screws in each corner of this panel (down near the carpet). Once all those screws are out, grab the top edge and pull on the panel, and the plastic clips will pop out of the metal panel.
The last of the plastic now. The panels left on each side have plstic screws at the bottom (where the storage bins were). I'm blanking, there may also be a screw up higher on each panel, but it will be apparent when you're doing this. Take those out, and then slide the panels forward.

Onto the window!
Start by putting the window down. This makes taking everything out a lot easier. There are a ton of 10mm bolts that hold in this black panel. Take all of those out, and don't worry about the windo falling out and smacking you in the face! It's all caulked in place. Once all of the bolts are out, grab a putty knife and slowly pry the black panel forward. If you ding it up a little it's not a problem, but don't bend the **** out of it. Nice and easy. The whole panel (including glass) will then rock into the car. There is one electrical connection for the defroster that should be disconnected, and then you can remove the entire assembly.
While you're in there, you might as well make sure the drain holes in the bottom are all clear.