Notices

best place to send motor for rebuild?

Old 06-25-2003, 05:15 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best place to send motor for rebuild?

Okay, so I'm rebuilding my old D16Z6 for small turbo duty and later I will have the block sleeved, etc. So, where would be a good place to have the motor rebuilt with just rods and pistons? I prefer someplace in Texas but i have been doing some research and I have not found much. I know a guy that wants to rebuild it to get the experience but he runs a rotory shop so I'm not sure I want my motor to be his first honda rebuild. From what I know he is the local got of RX7's but I'm still not sure. If he's good at building rotory's do you thing he'll still be good at building a Honda motor? The concep[ts are a lot difference but then I'm thinking a motors, a motor. I really just need soemone to do the work I cannot, such as installing the rods and pistons and the machine work. The install and everything else will be done by me. I plan on putting this in a 5th gen hatch or slapping the B16A from my civic into my CRX and putting this motor back in my civic. Any input would be appreciated. I have about $2,200.00 to work with at the moment.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:36 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JG, Gude and there's some other EXTREMELY good shop that does them. You may want to post this in the Engine forum :dunno:
Old 06-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

I have heard bad things about both JG and Gude. I heard JG's craftsman ship sucks and their customer service and I have heard gude's customer service sucks but the products are sweet. I am actually looking into putting a gude head package on the D16Z6 after the rebuild.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:46 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy had his H22 head done by JG and it was AWESOME!!!! :drool:

I haven't dealt directly with them though so I have no idea. Just know the names from hearing about them. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:49 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

I just know of two people on this board that were out like three grand each after there freshly rebuild motors popped without much boost and JG was a pain in the ass about standing behind their work.