Notices

Newbie needs help! - 2000 Honda Civic speaker install...

Old 06-22-2003, 10:16 AM
nate886
Green: The genius color.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help! - 2000 Honda Civic speaker install...

I tried to remove my rear deck tonight so that I could install new 6x9's. Well actually I don't have them yet, but was bored and so I thought if I knew how to do it I could save myselt time later. Anyway, back to the point. I had no problems taking out the rear seats and side cushions (If I did I'd have to laugh at my own stupidity, but I may do just that yet...). But the plastic deck just didn't want to come out. I know there are white clips holding it down on underneath, and the "clips" that overlap the metal behind the seats, but something didn't want to give. Most the of the resistance was centered in the center of the deck. I have a 2000 Honda Civic sedan. Thanks for your help! Hopefully I'm not just stupid. I've looked on the net but haven't found anything yet. Links would be helpful if you know of any!

**This was originally posted in the Audio & Electronics fourum, but I wasn't getting much response so I moved it here!
Old 06-22-2003, 02:00 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

As I recall, you need to remove the two child safety anchor bolts (one on each side directly behind the rear speaker.) My car has those, not sure of yours.

Also, disconnect the high brake light from the trunk.

Then it should be all clips so pull up and out.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:14 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

when removing my rear deck, All I need to do is get the plastic deck cleared from the side cusions, move the seatbelts, and unpop a few clips. Other than removing the 3rd break light wire, there's nothing to it.

although one of my old coworkers with a 00 sedan mentioned removing some bolts or clips or something. I dunno.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:42 PM
nate886
Green: The genius color.

I got it. Boy, I didn't expect as much resistance as it put up. If anyone else hasn't done this and needs advice, here are two of my suggestions:

1st - Be careful of the clips on the sides that connect into the plastic pillars in the back around the window. (Not that they serve much purpose, but that they are easy to knock off.)

2nd - When putting the deck back on, TAKE YOUR TIME! Get in the trunk and make sure everything is lined up. Especially a plastic "pin" that juts out and goes in a hole in the metal. Look for it just about two inches down (towards the front of the car) from rear seat release lock. (I managed to bend mine a little, but it caused no problems [sigh].)

I feel kinda stupid, because it was just as you all said it was. Oh well! I know better for next time!
Old 06-22-2003, 08:18 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Yea, just take your time so nothing breaks.