Notices

Painting my grill to match whole car

Old 06-12-2003, 09:39 AM
HKS Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting my grill to match whole car

Hey Guys,

My car is a Silver 99 Civic Hatch and was thinking of painting the front grill silver to match the hood. What are your opinions about this, cool, not cool? As you guys know the current Civics have painted grill as well so I thought I would copy them. Any ideas? Should I just leave it unpainted?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:55 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

ive seen it painted and for some reason don't like it.. i THINK it reminds me of a cheap paint job where they forget to mask it off or something.. id leave it black but hey its your car..
Old 06-12-2003, 08:05 PM
HKS Power

Oh did I say my father is a mechanic and does autobody as well. He is going to color match the whole car by painting the mouldings, side skirts, mirrors, door handles, and rear section of hatch. He does an excellent job at painting. Well since not many people are replying, I think about not painting it as people probably think this is a stupid thread. Just that I don't want my car to look like the others without having to use body kits though I've got a Type R spoiler that is going to be painted and installed as well.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:07 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Leave it black. I agree that you should paint the mirrors and side mouldings. But painting the grill would be a tad too much. Have you thought about getting a front lip or a spoiler so you could get that painted as well?