Notices

'94 Civic conversion done decently...

Old 06-15-2003, 06:01 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sxecrow
shouldnt waste all that money on crap ... the driver coulda put a b18 in there
Ya, but some people just don't understand the whole "power before looks" thing...
Old 02-15-2004, 04:45 PM
badgirl

Originally Posted by TsuMe
the entire thing will run you about 5-6 grand, you have to replace every part on the front end and find a experienced body shop to do your cutting and molding. Those people obviously didnt. Its much more work than it is worth it in my opinion

it will cost you no where around that....

i am in Canada, these are all the parts you will need and prices in canadian money

rad support 96$
fenders 47$
hood 120$
bumper you can choose a body kit bumper say 200 $

those are all jobber parts as well...

now the install is not hard at all either
the hood bolts on the, you take your old rad support off by drilling all the spot welds on it, then you weld on the civics rad support, install the lights, from there you can start working on the fenders, from the very tip of the fender where the light is, you measure 5 inchs from the tip, cut straight up... now you have to measure your sol fender and cut the same as well, well actually thats not right, you have just use some common sence to see where you should cut your sol fender, the job will cost no where near 5000$ thats just crazy.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:51 PM
rtpassini

yeah, i was gonna say, it doesnt cost that much at all.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:53 PM
badgirl

i know alot of you are gonna say uck.. but I am in the process of doing a 98 civic conversion on my sol.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Soltaker
I'm a bad, bad man.

Originally Posted by badgirl
i know alot of you are gonna say uck.. but I am in the process of doing a 98 civic conversion on my sol.

got any pics of the progress so far? and before, during, after pics?
Old 02-15-2004, 05:03 PM
badgirl

none of my own.. but I do have some good pics that really helped me out to figure out where to cut my fenders, if you want them, email me at marie309@sympatico.ca the conversion is really easy and 92-95,96-98 and 99-00 are all the same its all in the rad support, and fenders, but all the same idea.... once again, if you are thinking about doing it, these 2 pictures I have will show exactly where to cut them and make your life alot more easier.. well it did for me, I was gonna cut them half way and just try to join them but this was just so much easier.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:08 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

I'll say uck until I see the finished product.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:10 PM
sxecrow
Banned

man the more I see Hondas that are ruined by doing things like that to them, the more I cry. Everytime I pull up by these ricers and they nod their head with one hand on their wheel and smile like they're cool, I shake my head and frown. They get the thumbsdown treatment. Im sorry buy my opinion stands. They more I see stuff like this, the more I agree with the domestic owners. This is why Hondas get mocked at all the time. They look like they're fast, but they arent, or the owner destroys a beautifully looking car for something like that. I'm so going to get flamed for this, or the thread will be locked, but I have to say it. Sorry guys. :down: :down: :down:
Old 02-15-2004, 05:12 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Originally Posted by sxecrow
man the more I see Hondas that are ruined by doing things like that to them, the more I cry. Everytime I pull up by these ricers and they nod their head with one hand on their wheel and smile like they're cool, I shake my head and frown. They get the thumbsdown treatment. Im sorry buy my opinion stands. They more I see stuff like this, the more I agree with the domestic owners. This is why Hondas get mocked at all the time. They look like they're fast, but they arent, or the owner destroys a beautifully looking car for something like that. I'm so going to get flamed for this, or the thread will be locked, but I have to say it. Sorry guys. :down: :down: :down:
Damn dude, screw the flaming, I give you a standing ovation! :thumbup:
Old 02-15-2004, 05:14 PM
badgirl

ya man,... everyone has there own say and I respect that, I am doing cause I just think its different and I like... i know alot of ppl don't and thats ok, anyways, just wanted let ppl know that conversion are not very expensive if you do some research on it.