Notices

dual pipe exhaust?

Old 06-03-2003, 07:41 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Motohip
Mugen
don't they sell a knock-off twin loop or something?

I'd love to bolt one on, since they're axle-back and have a normal-sized exhaust tip, but I don't want to pay mugen $650+
Old 06-03-2003, 08:01 PM
dicivicHB
...on Christ's Team...

go with a dual 3" tip exhaust and center it in the rear of the car. i think it looks hott, and with the right rear bumper it's sweet. just a suggestion..i can get pics if u need to see a demo of it.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Motohip

Originally posted by 18secFerio
don't they sell a knock-off twin loop or something?

I'd love to bolt one on, since they're axle-back and have a normal-sized exhaust tip, but I don't want to pay mugen $650+
DC sports kinda makes one like it, but it's more like two ressonators instead of one muffler.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:12 PM
EddieK

Originally posted by NeverBX
those mufflers get alot of water put into them. when spraying your car alot of water tends to get trapped in there and then it produces alot of steam, which will basically melt the paint and/or your rear ctr lip you plan to get. i never did like the look of dual tip mufflers on civics.
you know what... i can't believe i didn't think about this. i'm straight off getting a dual tip exhaust. it hought about it some more. wuts all this twin loop mumbo jumbo? wuts the difference now? that DCS exhaust is looking real real clean.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Motohip

Yeah, I've never liked two tips on a Civic or Integra. It's too big and wide and sticks out too much. The DC exhaust has the twin canister things to quiet it down some. I'm not sure exactly how quiet it is compared to others, but I'm sure it's decent and not weedwacker like. Look into it more before you make a desicion. I made two mistakes when it comes to exhaust...actually three, but each time it improved.

Go here