Notices

a crack on my windshield

Old 05-25-2003, 07:35 AM
zork18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a crack on my windshield

ok i was driving home..and i was a good distance of this red truck...well the tire picked up a rock...and flew it at my windshield

the crack is in the FAR bottem right corner..almost missed the windshield..the crack is ABOUT 3 inches wide and 6 inches long and i felt around the crack...the crack is in the middle..not in the outside nor the indside of the car..cant feel where the crack is..but you can see where it is

any ideas how to prevent the crack from spreading???

also how much would it cost to replace this small crack

i know i need to get it replaced becuase i live in rochester,ny for college....very bad winters..and alot of up and downs in the weather

I HEARd on line..a couple differnt places that you put clear nail polish on it..to fix the cracks on the windshield...i want to hear your oppion about that...thanks!
Old 05-25-2003, 07:43 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

If it was just a star (no bigger than the size of a quarter) than it's repairable. But if it's already a line, then you're gonna have to replace the entire windshield.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:49 AM
zork18

no way! even if its a small line?? only 3 or 6 inches?? why cant they cut that part of the windshield....and replace it with another one?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:54 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

haha, no they don't cut out parts of windsheilds

call your insurance company, most cover windshields w/o a deductable payment.

some windshield places will replace it, and cover the deductable for you. call around, call your insurance. shouldn't cost you much, if anything
Old 05-25-2003, 08:13 AM
zork18

ahhh the thing is...i am paying 84 dollers every 2 months...so that means......nooo they dont cover it ..humph! and of course this would happen to...why??

about a month ago...i went out from my dorms and to my car...wanting to go shoping..and i got in to my car..there was a HUGE crack..i got outside...someone got on the hood of my car..and smashed it with their foot...and no...the person never got caught

i replaced the windshiled...now a month later...this dang..stupid rock..had to do this
Old 05-25-2003, 08:19 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by zork18
ahhh the thing is...i am paying 84 dollers every 2 months...so that means......nooo they dont cover it ..humph! and of course this would happen to...why??

about a month ago...i went out from my dorms and to my car...wanting to go shoping..and i got in to my car..there was a HUGE crack..i got outside...someone got on the hood of my car..and smashed it with their foot...and no...the person never got caught

i replaced the windshiled...now a month later...this dang..stupid rock..had to do this
Sorry to hear that. If you shop around, you should be able to get the windshield replaced for about 110 bucks installed. My friend had her windshield replaced, and they even came to her work and replaced it .
Old 05-25-2003, 08:23 AM
zork18

humm i checked otu this websight

http://claims.progressive.com/glass_repair.asp

seems that i can get it just repaired...so i am keeping my finger crossed

hummm...idea...how about do it your self kit??? lol hey why not tosave a few bucks
Old 05-25-2003, 08:35 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by zork18
humm i checked otu this websight

http://claims.progressive.com/glass_repair.asp

seems that i can get it just repaired...so i am keeping my finger crossed

hummm...idea...how about do it your self kit??? lol hey why not tosave a few bucks
I'm guessing that you have progressive as your insurance company?
Old 05-25-2003, 08:37 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

those do it yourself kits..... mine as well go to a jiffy lube and have them do it -- doesn't cost you anything, they go through your insurance. better to have it done professionally, for free, than to pay for it and mess it up doing it yourself
Old 05-25-2003, 08:40 AM
zork18

no i dont have progessive insuranse...i was doing a search on the web to see what type of chips can be repair

my insurance will NOT cover this windshield...this iwll come out of my pocket...

drat it all