Notices

Wheel hop much?

Old 05-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel hop much?

I don't know about you guys, but I used to have TONS of wheel hop if I got on it. A good clutch can do that to ya! Anyway, I just did the ghetto polyurethane motor mount thing, and it kicks ass. Go to Home Depot, get a tube of polyurethane sealant, pop out a single motor mount, and fill in all the space inside. It takes about 2 days to dry. Thank God I have a ton of mounts laying around. I just did the driver's side upper mount, and it's amazing.

Shifting is cleaner (the engine isn't swaying when you let off the throttle), power hits the ground faster, wheel hop is GREATLY diminished, and it was CHEAP! Off the line, I can spin instead of hopping through first. Hit secnd and she spins again instead of the old hop.

The only downside is that it creates a bit of vibration at idle.

Don't use this as instrutions and get yourself hurt, now. I'm not responsible for you being a dumbass!
Old 05-23-2003, 11:59 AM
skratchnsnift
boom

a'ight sounds like a good project for the summer.. thanks bake
Old 05-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Well, when I first posted, I had just the driver's side upper mount done. Now I also have the upper tranny mount done. I can SPIN all through first, and into second without ANY hop. I friggen love it! Cornering is better, shifting is amazing, and just about everything about it rules! Just gotta get used to the added vibration at idle!
Old 05-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Motohip

Damn that's awesome! :thumbup: I'm gonna have to do that soon. First thing I'm doing though is adding sound deadening. I know it ads a lot of weight and I'm not worried about that what-so-ever. Just wish there was a really cheap way to do it. That'll take care of the vibration if I do this little project.

Bakeoff, do you have any extra motor mounts to sell? I don't want to wait two whole days to let this stuff dry. Also, do you think you could post up a more detailed DIY? Thanks!
Old 05-24-2003, 11:04 AM
solRNY

hahha that sounds good but how long will it last? i mean the material u are using is it made to handle beign used as a motor mount? i mean its called sealent!
Old 05-24-2003, 12:35 PM
vtecsol

itg will actually hold up pretty good its alot cheaper than buying new motor mounts...we have done a few cars like that seem to be ok...i would recomend buying the poly inserts but hey either way works
Old 05-24-2003, 09:55 PM
SPEracing

Spend the $30 and get inserts. My 2¢.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Motohip

k
Old 05-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by SPEracing
Spend the $30 and get inserts. My 2¢.
Or spend $3.50 on a tube of sealant, and if it falls apart after a year, no loss.

Moto, I don't have any spares. We're kind of making the rounds with our friends. I took them off my project car, did them up, slapped them in my daily driver, did those, those are going in my buddy's hatch, then do those, so on and so forth, until they get back to the project car.