Notices

Smog Laws

Old 05-15-2003, 10:27 AM
hotshot090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog Laws

How do I go about LEGALLY adding a B16 to my Del Sol Si?
What legal red-paper do I have to got through?
We (East Bay Area {San Fran}) have tougher Smog laws coming in this Fall, and how would it affect that?
Would my Del Sol Si (with B16) have to meet smog requirments for the Si model or for the B16 engine?
How bout the new Edlebrock Turbo kit (for the D16)? It's CARB exempt pending but is it exempt from all (even the new)smog laws?
Old 05-15-2003, 07:33 PM
miguel6632
proud 96 sol owner

well im not 100% sure but the B16 should pass the emission but with out turbo and just make it look stock to the guys in there is not that hard just swap evrything all the way to the stock airbox then after emissions you can just slap your air intake back on well that is what i heard people of cali do im in tx and they dont give a F@#* as long as it passes emissions
Old 05-16-2003, 11:57 AM
skratchnsnift
boom

miguel, everytime i read your posts i think to myself the same thing... PUNCTUATIONS!!! i know you might be in a rush or whatever, but it makes your posts hard to read when i dont know when you transition from one statement to another.

anyway, as far as the swap, as long as the year of your engine is the same or newer than your car, then you should be ok. The smog ref uses the stats of the engine to determine if your smog output is legal. The turbo kit has a carb exempt sticker on it, so you should be fine. If you are really paranoid, i'd suggest going up to a smog ref and ask him the pertinent questions because they'll probably know more than anyone here (unless you happen to be a smog ref yourself). Good luck with the swap
Old 05-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Motohip

Originally posted by skratchnsnift
miguel, everytime i read your posts i think to myself the same thing... PUNCTUATIONS!!! i know you might be in a rush or whatever, but it makes your posts hard to read when i dont know when you transition from one statement to another.
:werd: :doh: :nono: :slap: :jerkit: :lmfao: :werd:
Old 05-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

I'd ask the same thing in the civic forum or the hybrid forum. Those guys deal with this shit more often, and not many of us live in Cali...
Old 06-01-2003, 06:33 PM
miguel6632
proud 96 sol owner

Originally posted by skratchnsnift

anyway, as far as the swap, as long as the year of your engine is the same or newer than your car, then you should be ok. The smog ref uses the stats of the engine to determine if your smog output is legal. The turbo kit has a carb exempt sticker on it, so you should be fine. If you are really paranoid, i'd suggest going up to a smog ref and ask him the pertinent questions because they'll probably know more than anyone here (unless you happen to be a smog ref yourself). Good luck with the swap

koul, ill try for next time, but i alredy did like 3 post today.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:44 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

hotshot, where are you in the Bay Area? I'm in Danville, and if you are anywhere near the San Ramon area, I've prolly seen your Sol before...

Originally posted by Bakeoff
and not many of us live in Cali...
Well maybe you should...
Old 06-01-2003, 10:52 PM
hotshot090

Pleasanton, I never go as far as SR
Old 06-01-2003, 10:56 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

That's ok, I rarely go as far as Pleasanton lol...except for visits to Modacar...