Notices

98 JDM GSR into 96 civic CX helps

Old 05-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Teambypass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 JDM GSR into 96 civic CX helps

Okay guys if you had already read this from other sites please be patience and bare with me. I swaped a 98 JDM GSR into my 96 civic CX and having trouble with wirring. I had purchase a wire harness from a 97 EX and pluged every single pluge into the GSR. Since the EX already came with vtech, I just extend the wire to reach the GSR and pluged it in. this leave me not having to add the vtech wire. I pluged everything else onto the GSR motor and not knowing what their functions are. I saw the vtec solenoid but dont know where that goes. I read a lot of info meantioning that I need to add vtec pressure, vtec solenoid, knock sensor, and IAB solenoid. I pluge every single pluge from the EX hareness to the GSR. Some pluges are short and I extend them to plug in and some I have to use the GSR pluge or the EX pluge and vis versa. After pluging all the pluges, the motor start the first try, but its not running right. Now I am confused and dont know where to fix it to make it run right. Can someone tell me what exact wires do I need to add make my car runs right. thanks.