Notices

97 Civic CEL @80K mi

Old 04-29-2003, 09:38 AM
frazier1terry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Civic CEL @80K mi

As I hope you would have gleaned from the subject line, I have a 1997 Civic that has just turned 80K miles today. As a sort of "coming of age gift" Honda has given me a Check Engine Light headache to worry about. I'd rather not take it in to a shop to have them turn it off, as it seems to be a waste of time and, oh yes, money... Is there anything I can do myself to make it go away? I mean, short of disabling the bugger, since I would prefer to have it available to me in a time of a real engine crisis...

PS, this site is awesome!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Might as well take it in. You might be surprised, my CEL came on about the same time and it was O2 and cat converter related. They replaced everything for free as the cat and O2 sensors had the warranty extended on them.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:53 AM
schemo

i have a 97 civic aswell and it came on in the early 70k the now at 82k is there anyway i can turn it off myself? when the car started before the light came on it seemed like it was having a hard time shaking alot, but after the light came on everything is back to normal, driving just like normal? maybe it's the fuel pump of filter restricting the fuel?

any help would be great

schemo