Notices

H&R Cup Kit

Old 04-27-2003, 07:06 PM
veen
Seņor Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Cup Kit

ok, i have the money for springs/shocks, and i have looked at many options, and yes i have checked the threads, but i have some specifics. I found a decent deal on an H&R cup kit. I have a 00 si with 205/40/17s. H&R says the kit lowers the car 2 inches in the front and 1.75 in the back which is .25 inches more than the sport springs, is that too low? if it is, what would be a good substitution for this kit? also what have you heard about the cup kit? thanks in advance
V33N
Old 04-27-2003, 07:13 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Just FYI, you do know that the Cup kit is just a set of lowering springs with matched shocks, right? It's not a coilover kit. It's like buying a set of Eibach lowering springs with a set of Tokico shocks. There is no adjustability whatsoever.

However, H&R does sell a full coilover kit (you can go to either www.groupbuycenter.com or www.tirerack.com) that they sell that you might be interested that isn't that much more than the cup kit.

The drop might be slightly lower (for the cup kit) than what you might want, considering the size wheel/tire you're running now. If you're set on the cup kit, might I also suggest a camber kit as well?
Old 04-27-2003, 07:30 PM
veen
Seņor Member

yea i know they have no adjustability, and the ones i found were on gbc, but the prices are in different ranges
Old 04-28-2003, 11:28 AM
veen
Seņor Member

ok, my main question is this....is 2 inches in the front, and 1.75 in the back too low?