Notices

99 Civic EX headlight problems

Old 04-26-2003, 02:21 PM
lukydoggCivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Civic EX headlight problems

I put the blue Xenon bulbs into my car almost a year ago now, and no problems with them. Then a couple months ago, the fuse for the passenger side low beam ONLY blew a couple times. Then recently the headlight went again, but now the bulb is still good, the fuse is still good, and the highbeam still works on that side too. And now last night, my driver's side low beam is gone as well! I can't find anything wrong with either one, but ppl were gettin pissed at me driving w/ my highs on last nite so I figured it was time to ask some questions! Any help would be GREAT. ThNX!
Old 04-26-2003, 02:23 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

A lot of people have been complaining about these xenon blue bulbs with the same situtation. The best thing that I could offer is to switch back to your stock halogen bulbs, or you could get a set of Sylvania silverstars.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:36 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

You most likely did what I did. It's probably too late to do anything man. I had Xenons in my car for about the same amount of time and it completely melted the headlight harness.

I had to get a upgraded kit from APC (shaddup) to even have headlights anymore. They are able to take the higher wattage bulbs though, so now I have hyperwhites in there. I hope this isn't the case.

Check your harnesses, if it crumbles in your hand, it's toast .

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-26-2003, 02:39 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by 94civicEX
You most likely did what I did. It's probably too late to do anything man. I had Xenons in my car for about the same amount of time and it completely melted the headlight harness.

I had to get a upgraded kit from APC (shaddup) to even have headlights anymore. They are able to take the higher wattage bulbs though, so now I have hyperwhites in there. I hope this isn't the case.

Check your harnesses, if it crumbles in your hand, it's toast .
:rofl: you have an APC product under your hood :rofl:

JFWY mang.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:40 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Originally posted by randomtask77
:rofl: you have an APC product under your hood :rofl:

JFWY mang.
I have APC Headlight Bulbs, Upgraded Harness, and taillight bulbs . Hey, they make decent bulbs :dunno:.

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-26-2003, 02:42 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I have APC Headlight Bulbs, Upgraded Harness, and taillight bulbs . Hey, they make decent bulbs :dunno:.
Yeah, I think everyone's had an APC product at one time or another. I had a set of euro clear corners when they first came out. Got rid of it along with the projector headlights...
Old 04-26-2003, 02:43 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Yeah, I think everyone's had an APC product at one time or another. I had a set of euro clear corners when they first came out. Got rid of it along with the projector headlights...
Good boy . I want to see some recent pictures of the green car man. Speaking of green, what the hell happened to kawigreenvtec!!!?

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-26-2003, 02:46 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Good boy . I want to see some recent pictures of the green car man. Speaking of green, what the hell happened to kawigreenvtec!!!?
I heard that he sold the car and now has a truck. But I swear that I've seen the car (even though he isn't the owner) around my neighborhood a couple of times...

Yeah, I haven't really done anything to new to the car. I'll get pics up as soon as I get the rear bumper, trunk and front bumper replaced...h:
Old 04-26-2003, 02:52 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I heard that he sold the car and now has a truck. But I swear that I've seen the car (even though he isn't the owner) around my neighborhood a couple of times...

Yeah, I haven't really done anything to new to the car. I'll get pics up as soon as I get the rear bumper, trunk and front bumper replaced...h:
I just emailed him, hehe.

What are you doing that for ?

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-26-2003, 02:56 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I just emailed him, hehe.

What are you doing that for ?
I got a new front because when my front lip got ripped off on the freeway, it messed it up pretty bad. The rear bumper I have now is cracking at the mounting points so I need that replaced. And I want to go wingless so I just got a whole new trunk instead of trying to remove the wing off of my existing trunk.