Notices

Registration?

Old 04-19-2003, 06:36 PM
20CIVIC00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Registration?

I just have a question. What is the procedure to register the car if I will do a engine swap. And what paper work or documents that I need to bring to DMV?. And will still be a clear tittle. I will appreciate all the suggestion.My car is registered here in California. Thanks and GOD bless you all.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:54 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

well in cali it is really really strict,..in ohio,..both my cars are swapped,..i didnt say nothing about having a b20 or LS motor in the cars when i registered,..they just asked for my title and liscense and that was it,..i know in cali you have to have a new motor then the body of the car,..for example,...if you have a 96 hatch your motor has to be 96 and up,...smog is strict over there,..good luck
Old 04-20-2003, 05:39 PM
dantastic
cx power!

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/casmog.html

basically u need to bring you car to a BAR inspector to make sure you have a usdm motor thats the same year or newer than your car. if you still have all the smog equipment intact and your obd stuff works fine, then he prints out a sticker you put in your door jamb. when they smog your car, they'll know that u have a legally swapped motor.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

You poor sons of bitches... I've put different engines in both of my cars and never had to do jack but put them in... CA laws are lame as fawk...
Old 04-20-2003, 11:13 PM
SpeedRacerEX-R

You live in Cali and you don't know the "golden rule"? "What they don't know won't hurt them."
Don't even tell them until you get busted, then take it to a ma and pa smog shop. Screw Cali, they tax you out the ass and expect to have a stock econo crap box and then pay $300 to register it. As for me, I'm catless pumping out 100 octane fumes. The car is registered elsewhere mind you. That's another route. Oregon P.O. box. :P
Old 04-21-2003, 06:19 AM
STOCK96civicDX
I take care of my member

I got very sick of cali laws when i was out there when it came to vehicle registration. During my last year living in cali, I didn't own a car, only a motorcycle. My mother drove cross country and gave me her 91 Chevy Astro that had 217K miles on it. Took it to the DMV to do registration, not only did they want me to smog it, they wanted me to get a new VIN number! Somehow i was able to keep getting temporary registrations until we moved out of cali 9 months later.
My motorcycle is a 99 Honda CBR600F4, and it's a cali model. You wanna talk about a vaccuum line nightmare....it's DISGUSTING! more damn vaccuum lines on it than i know what do to with and an ugly charcoal canister underneath the bike to boot! Oh, then add in the fact that it's got slightly less HP than 49 state bikes.....at least it's only about a 5hp difference, barely enough to notice thankfully!
Old 04-21-2003, 09:36 AM
SpeedRacerEX-R

The People's Republic of California.