Notices

pace setter headers good or not good?

Old 09-18-2010, 03:06 PM
cruzalekz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pace setter headers good or not good?

got a bar legal b18c1 in an ek9, the oem exhuaust manifold has a big crack on it (that explains the smell when wido open throttle). i could afford the pacesetter headers coz its cheaper than dc headers. question is, have any of you guys used this header>? did it cracked easily or is it very reliable?
i want to buy cheaper header but im a smog technician and needed a part thats state legal. (very serious offense if i got caught with not legal ones)
Old 09-19-2010, 03:30 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

This is only hearsay but I heard they aren't the best quality. Remember in the world of car parts you usually get what you pay for. I'd save the extra $100 up for a DC Sports one at least.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
cruzalekz

hmmm. anybody else used this pace setter headers? if yes, how long did it lasted? years?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 AM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Buddy of mine works for Pace Setter. Good quality stuff. I have used them in my camaro and on my civics.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Shameinator

I am with Si racer DC sports is far superior as far as headers go I had on and it outlasted my Greddy. It also was reliable and passed smog visual inspection as well as carb inspection in the state of california.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 AM
zuruk

I heard both DC and pace setter were not very good. My friends DC5 got a way better upgrade from a stock integra type r header then both of them. I'd say go with that.