Notices

EVERYONE please sign this petition for me

Old 04-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Accord1278

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVERYONE please sign this petition for me

Guys do me a favor and sign this petition for me please. I know it might not be directly related to stuff on the board. But if you're from Ill or Chicago area, this def. affects you. But this affects everyone indirectly living in this country. Thanks in advance.

http://www.petitiononline.com/meigs/petition.html
Old 04-08-2003, 07:03 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

I'm #3181
Old 04-09-2003, 08:12 AM
HondaCar
Honda Driver

I'll sign
Old 04-09-2003, 07:17 PM
s2ksol

The main reason why Daley shut down the airport was for homeland security as well as President Bush rejected Daley's proposal for a no fly zone in the city of Chicago. The Sears Tower is one of many prime targets for possible terrorist attacks in the US. I am now live in the burbs, but at one time I lived in a high rise on Roosevelt and Michigan, which is right near the airport. If I still lived downtown, then I would feel a bit more at ease knowing that the airport was closed for the safety of the city of chicago and the people that live there. I really liked the unique quality of the airport downtown, but this day and age it's just too much of a risk IMO to have open. Plus Daley has already bulldozed the land strip, so a petition at this point is just pointless. Maybe if there was a proposal to close it and they hadn't destroyed the runway and already layed off workers then I could see it working, but it's done. Your fighting a war that can not be won. All you are doing is creating a bunch of noise, but it will not change anything. You will be heard, but it will not matter in the end. The only thing I can possible see is that Daley won't get reelected when that time comes again, which he just got reelected for another term. If the Sears Tower was ever destroyed and meigs was used to help contribute to the attack then it would be ashame that it wasn't closed and it killed hundreds if not thousands of people.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:02 AM
MLE_Sol
Evil Overlord

....but if we live life, day-to-day in fear of terrorist attacks, shut down normal activities, businesses, etc., you know what that means?

They (terrorists) Won.

In order for us to win this war on terrorism, we need to move on with our lives.

....As for "just creating a bunch of noise that won't change anything." ...well if nothing is done and no one says a word about it, then yeah nothing will change. but it has to start somewhere.

Just my 2¢, not trying to start a flamewar or anything, really.

"Those that trade freedom for security will have neither." ~Ben Franklin
Old 04-15-2003, 09:11 AM
skratchnsnift
boom

i agree with MLE_Sol... very well put
Old 04-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Brad
wooo nascar!

Old 04-29-2003, 07:06 AM
D3LSLO