Notices

Civic 1.5 Hatchback -96 EDM Power window problem. Need help following wire [PIC]

Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 AM
4m4s0
Civic Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic 1.5 Hatchback -96 EDM Power window problem. Need help following wire [PIC]

Hi!
The power window at the passenger side has stopped working ... I got a service manual with troubleshooting guides, and after following it, I concluded that the blue/yellow wire in the picture, going from one door to the other, has a wire break in between, so I was wondering if anyone knows how the wires go so I can follow it and fix it, if I find where it broke.

Thereafter, when I was trying to find the open wire, the driver power window also stoped working, and after troubleshooting I concluded that the BLUE/black wire (which will go to the fuse and get 12V) also had a wire break somewhere, so I might need to know the way it goes too.

Thank you so much in advance!

[EDIT] I meant the blue/black wire.. Not the green/black, because it's already getting 12V battery power

Last edited by 4m4s0; 04-30-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wire goes under the carpet. You will need to take out your seats, center console, arm rest and then carpet. You will see the wiring running from one side of the car to the other. This is referred to as the "floor harness". I'm working on a similar problem right now in my hatchback. I'm converting it from manual windows to power and for some reason the passenger side window will roll down but not up. I found that there is a missing wire in the plug at the end of that harness. Good luck.

SKOOIE!!!