Notices

New here.... Question about engine issue b18c1 94 hatch

Old 03-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Ryangsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here.... Question about engine issue b18c1 94 hatch

I recently purchased a 94 civic hatch with a gsr swap. I put in a new headgasket and timing belt on the motor, as well as a skunk 2 intake manifold. It is also running an aem fuel rail, and an external style fpr (not aem). the car ran before i had the head gasket etc. replaced, but did not have the FPR and the Skunk2. The car is running a p72 ecu and the stock gsr throttle body. only issue was that the vtec was not wired up yet(i have wired it up now though), and the o2 sensor was incorrect. the car is back together now, and it started up, and starts up, but it idles rough, and does not want to stay running. If you give it any sort of throttle, it likes to either bog down, or die. it is throwing a code 41 and that is it. Any ideas as to what could be causing it to run this way. (also, the plugs seem pretty foweled those 4 prong split fires, and the cam timing seems to be fine) also.. could it be caused by the small black canister located under the stock gsr manifold? that was unhooked (i was told that it was just for the butterfly valves in the stock gsr manifold.) any help is greatly appreciated. either reply here, or email me at ryan@amphetamineracing.com... or try instant messanger ryan327ss.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:02 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it's running too rich. Maybe the injectors are shot? Or the fuel regulator is messing up, and pushing too much fuel? Either way, the fouled plugs is your biggest clue. Something is wrong with the fuel delivery process.