Notices

Help! Need to find which plug wires go where

Old 03-23-2003, 03:46 PM
DelSol94
i destroy cars :/

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Need to find which plug wires go where

My plug wires got all mixed up and I can't find where on the distributor to plug them in! I had the car worked on yesterday, and they messed them all up... I tried to fix them, and they got even worse. After trying to get them back the right way, now they are all screwed up! I hooked them up the way they appear in the Haynes manual, but no go. The car started, but then wouldn't accelerate out of first and was shaky overall. I think the diagram's a little off, and can't find a diagram online or a clear picture of a del sol engine. (S model)

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

All honda engines have the same firing order. 1342
I'm retarded, and can't find a pic, so this is how it should look on the dist...
******3****
**1*******4
******2****
Old 03-23-2003, 08:35 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

make sure you're looking at the distributor from the correct point of view.....double check it over and over....make sure you haven't moved the distributor accidentally too, knocking off your timing....it shouldn't idle good until it's right
Old 03-23-2003, 08:42 PM
DelSol94
i destroy cars :/

Thanks guys! wish I saw your post earlier! My friend and I were out til about 11:30 trying to fix it, no go. We got new wires, plugs, etc, thinking I may have fried them. We gave up for the night... then at 12 we were online looking at pics of del sols and found the right way to put them. (after a lot of confusion, then realizing the reason was I was looking at an S while he was looking at an Si)

Hooked them up, and had to fly over to his house to make sure everything was running correctly. Suddenly my car had some balls! I was flooring it and it was flying down the side streets. It has more power than it ever has, and it doesn't shake anymore. Only thing I can come up with is that they were originally wired wrong when I bought the car in January and got used to it. I have low compression in one cylinder, too. Can't wait to see what the power is like after that is fixed.