Notices

WTF?!? Window problem......

Old 03-06-2003, 12:08 PM
EGteknikhatch
Team Teknik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?!? Window problem......

So my passenger side window went off track. No big deal. I try putting it back on, and for some reason, the window keeps going forward when i crank it up. So in turn the back corner is sticking out. What do I do, someone suggested that it could be a problem with the mechanism. Any suggestions?????? I need help, bad.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Slacker

Default Re: WTF?!? Window problem......

Originally posted by EGteknikhatch
So my passenger side window went off track. No big deal. I try putting it back on, and for some reason, the window keeps going forward when i crank it up. So in turn the back corner is sticking out. What do I do, someone suggested that it could be a problem with the mechanism. Any suggestions?????? I need help, bad.

I just had to replace my regulator because the driver side window fell off track anytime the window would get a little wet and it would start to stick. I think there was to much play with the old reg. No probs yet....
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 PM
EGteknikhatch
Team Teknik

Do you mean with power windows though. I have manual windows. I put grease on the thing, but it's still all screwy....
Old 03-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Slacker

Originally posted by EGteknikhatch
Do you mean with power windows though. I have manual windows. I put grease on the thing, but it's still all screwy....
Ya i was talkin power windows... my bad. I didn't catch the part where you said "crank it up"h:
Old 03-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Slacker

Also, I would double/triple check all the rubber molding around the window. Maybe take it off and throw it back on, make sure there no dents in the tracks or places where the window is getting stuck.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:32 PM
swaggs21

I had that problem with mine, when the front came off the track, so did the back, and this is a b**ch to fix. You have to get the back of the window back in the seals by rolling it up halfway, if you can, and the slowly roll it down will you are putting in back into the rear track. At least that is what it sounds like. Let me know if this fixes it
Old 03-08-2003, 08:33 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by swaggs21
I had that problem with mine, when the front came off the track, so did the back, and this is a b**ch to fix. You have to get the back of the window back in the seals by rolling it up halfway, if you can, and the slowly roll it down will you are putting in back into the rear track. At least that is what it sounds like. Let me know if this fixes it
He knows.. he's always preaching about it. :fawk:

Did you get your ish fixed man?