Notices

quick exhaust question...

Old 02-23-2003, 07:20 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick exhaust question...

i finally have a new universal exhaust that i need to put on. it was my sisters old one that i "bArrowed" from her after she put on the greddy evo...anyhow, i have 2 1/2 custom piping, crush bent, and thats fine, but my main problem is where it goes up over the lca and then down, that is where it is crushing at...
question
can i run the piping under the lca and then out from more of a straighter flow?
Old 02-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

Default Re: quick exhaust question...

goin under the lca will leave ur pipin hang low. i have crush bent 2.25, the bends r not that bad as every say them to be, cuz my muffler guy tries not to bend to much.

late

Originally posted by upgraded Si
i finally have a new universal exhaust that i need to put on. it was my sisters old one that i "borrowed" from her after she put on the greddy evo...anyhow, i have 2 1/2 custom piping, crush bent, and thats fine, but my main problem is where it goes up over the lca and then down, that is where it is crushing at...
question
can i run the piping under the lca and then out from more of a straighter flow?
Old 02-23-2003, 07:51 PM
dantastic
cx power!

yea... if u go under, the muffler is gonna be hella low. i have 2.25 from cat to muffler, custom crush bent. they tried to bend as little as possible. a good muffler shop will make the kinks pretty smooth
Old 02-23-2003, 07:59 PM
crucial Si
Banned

im not worried about scrapping though.....i really dont care actually. im not that dropped i dont think. will it perform better? has anyone seen this done b4
Old 02-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Tirod

why not just get new mandrel bent piping??
Old 02-23-2003, 08:03 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Tirod˛slc
why not just get new mandrel bent piping??
why dont you just shut the fawk up.????
Old 02-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

why dont you just shut the fawk up.????
you need to chill the fawk out dude...he was just simply stating that you're asking about performance gains and mandrel bent is better.

On the other hand Tirod...he got his exhaust for free and he just need to make it work for him so i don't think that's very feasible to go and get all new piping made.

I think that if you can straighten it out and run it under...go for it but the gains won't be too great unless the bend that you're talking about cuts the diamter down to like 1" consdering the rest of your piping is crush bent.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:48 PM
dantastic
cx power!

the jun ek9 has a muffler with the pipe under the lca. just look at it in all those bfg ads
Old 02-24-2003, 06:58 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Jkan2001
you need to chill the fawk out dude...he was just simply stating that you're asking about performance gains and mandrel bent is better.

On the other hand Tirod...he got his exhaust for free and he just need to make it work for him so i don't think that's very feasible to go and get all new piping made.

I think that if you can straighten it out and run it under...go for it but the gains won't be too great unless the bend that you're talking about cuts the diamter down to like 1" consdering the rest of your piping is crush bent.
i hate it when stoopads tell me something waaaay different than what i asked, outxiders gave a good answer and so did dan, but then triod said get the other kind of piping, which is stoopad since i already have 21/2. my major crushing is when it goes up and around the lca.....
Old 02-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Tirod

i hate it when stoopads tell me something waaaay different than what i asked, outxiders gave a good answer and so did dan, but then triod said get the other kind of piping, which is stoopad since i already have 21/2. my major crushing is when it goes up and around the lca.....
oh excuse me, let me rephrase the meaning of my post. number 1 it was a question, that i would have appreciated an intelligent answer to, so that i may further help you on your problem (the best I could). number 2, the reason i asked was i figured it would be just as much as hassle putting new piping in then messing around with what you have and bending it all over under your car.. and maybe it wouldnt be as much hassle.. but that is what i was trying to find out, so :fawk: you