8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Hoods

Old 06-22-2002, 12:50 AM
00-00-00
E M I N E M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoods

Ok i have a black 98 civic... need to know wheather to get a Carbon Fiber hood or a predator hood

also would like to know where the best place to get it is..

and if you have pics of a black civic with a cf hood that would help..

thanks

well according to aerogears website.. the predator does not fit the si and ex models.. so sh!tcan that idea cuz i have the ex

Last edited by 00-00-00; 06-22-2002 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 04:19 AM
Brad
wooo nascar!

i'm pretty sure i know what it looks like, but a pic would be helpful
Old 06-22-2002, 05:17 AM
96AccLX
Professional

wait for the CF predator if u ultimately decide on aerogear. aerogear isn't the only manufacturer of hoods, but they come with a limited lifetime warranty so that is a plus. look for some fiber images cf hoods.

Last edited by 96AccLX; 06-22-2002 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 06:44 AM
Smurf
Dancing Banana Driver

Pics?
Old 06-22-2002, 12:10 PM
00-00-00
E M I N E M

Old 06-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Ferio Man

IMO cf looks good on a black car.....just think about it for a while...ull realize wat u want eventually
Old 06-22-2002, 12:17 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

cf imo
also why would the hood not fit ex and si models?!?!
the clearance for the engine should be the same range
if they put in statements like that i wonder about their product
thats like putting down a carb legal intake can fit civic ex's (92-01) when during different years and obd's they have to get different carb eq's
Old 06-22-2002, 12:23 PM
Jeice
One Rad Dude

Anything other than a stock OEM Style hood or carbon fiber on a civic or any import for that matter is stupid and ugly in my opinion. We are 4 cylinders not V8's with Blowers there is no need for a hood scoop whatsoever for our 4cylinder low power output (compared to that of a v8 anyhow) street cars.

Now if your car is setup to where the hood scoop will actually improve the performance or is actually necessary for power, more power to you but it just dosent go well with a lightly modded show car with no use for it other tha looks. Imports should never take after domestics and should keep the sleek, aerodynamic/futuristic look, just as domestics should never take after imports by adding body kits and things that have become popular because they were first introduced and featured on imports.

Although the predator does not look bad at all, I would still stick with the OEM style.

But thats my opinion - others may vary
Old 06-22-2002, 02:18 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally posted by Jeice
Anything other than a stock OEM Style hood or carbon fiber on a civic or any import for that matter is stupid and ugly in my opinion. We are 4 cylinders not V8's with Blowers there is no need for a hood scoop whatsoever for our 4cylinder low power output (compared to that of a v8 anyhow) street cars.

Now if your car is setup to where the hood scoop will actually improve the performance or is actually necessary for power, more power to you but it just dosent go well with a lightly modded show car with no use for it other tha looks. Imports should never take after domestics and should keep the sleek, aerodynamic/futuristic look, just as domestics should never take after imports by adding body kits and things that have become popular because they were first introduced and featured on imports.

Although the predator does not look bad at all, I would still stick with the OEM style.

Old 06-23-2002, 01:28 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by Jeice

CF would make a tremenous improvement in just about any EO car...especially hideously light cars liek the civic.

Quick Reply: Hoods