Notices

Wheel alignments for lowered cars...

Old 02-16-2003, 02:15 PM
aero3685

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SiClone
You need to call around and ask if the shop has an alignment machine that is built flush with the ground. The majority of places have older machines where they have to drive your car up a small ramp/incline to get it on the lift. Some newer places will have the aligment lift built flush to the ground, so there's no problem with driving a lowere car on it. Call around first instead of wasting time and gas driving around looking for one.

I havent heard of those..or seen one. But my accord is lowered about 2", and when they drive up the ramp, the middle of the sideskirts scrape. So make sure they are careful with it, and they watch out instead of tearing them up.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:18 PM
15sCivicRedline

Originally posted by CPL
Whenever I get an alignment , I takeoff the front bumper.
Yea..thats what i had to end up doing...
Old 02-17-2003, 07:15 AM
Fast Bug
-WRX STI On Order-

Any honest alignment tech will inform you that they only can adjust the toe offsets to reduce tire wear if you don't have a camber kit. Since camber and caster cannot be adjusted, your lowered car WILL PULL. Please shed some light on this topic if you have contrasting info.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:47 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Originally posted by aero3685
I havent heard of those..or seen one. But my accord is lowered about 2", and when they drive up the ramp, the middle of the sideskirts scrape. So make sure they are careful with it, and they watch out instead of tearing them up.
There's only 2 Tires Plus shops out of the 10 I know of that actually have these machines. They're 2 of the newer shops which is probably why they have these machines.:thumbup: