Notices

Civic Rear seat Removal?

Old 06-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Puddlman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Rear seat Removal?

How do i get the rear seats out of my 97 civic ex. I am striping to car to sound proff it... I gottaget the rear seats out to do under them and the sides and back dash adn to also remove my carpet. Please respond... im in the process of workign right now.
george
Old 06-20-2002, 05:10 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Fold down your seats. It's pretty much self-explanatory from there.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Puddlman

I have the back off. I jsut dont know how to get the bench off. It seems like something is holding it in from under the middle left adn right of the seat.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:39 PM
whiteEJ8

If you pull the cushion out of the way on the left or right side you will see a bolt (i think its either 12 or 14 mm, i'm not sure), on the bottom. There's one bolt on each side and one in the middle where the two seats meet.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:41 PM
Puddlman

all right... thats what i was looking for. I will try that tomarow. Thanks
Old 06-20-2002, 05:43 PM
sinthetiq

there are some clips too.. at least there were some when i took mine out of my 00 hatch
Old 06-20-2002, 06:23 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

The part you sit on? There is a bolt holding it down on the back and then it's (2) clips. Pull out and up because there's also a hook.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:41 PM
arch iceman

What kind of sound proofing? Its going to take more work to put the seat back in than it was taking it out from experience.

I hope youre being careful and taking the time to work around any factory wire harnesses and cables without covering them. The fuel pump is underneath the rear seat. You can cover the fule pump cover with the sound deadening material, I wouldnt reccomend covering the cables though.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:30 AM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

I just took out the seats from my 00 ex and here is how you do it.

First...there is a hook near the front left of the bench you sit on that is clipped to the chassis. That hook is almost impossible to get out so what you have to do is unhook the sides. The bench has another 2 hooks (1 on each side) just grab the very sides of the bench and yank up. The hooks should pop out giving you a LOT more leverage to get the front left hook out.

With that extra leverage grab the front left and lean/push the bench backwards towards the trunk of the car. That should unclip it from the flat metal piece of the chassis. Next there is a hook at the back of the seat. Unbolt it with a rachet/(12/14mm socket ? i forgot which) After that you can pull the whole bottom bench out.

There are 3 hinges holding the folding back part to the car. Fold the back part of the seats down and you will be able to see the right hinge and left hinge. Take the 2 bolts out of the right hinge or left hinge out and pop it out. You will see the left folding side and right folding side are connected by another hinge with 2 bolts. Unbolt that and then unbolt the other side (either the right or left depending on which you unbolted first), and everything should come out. Hope this helped, i had some other seats to look at so I was able to figure it out.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

the post above me is pretty good, either way its a bloody ***** of a time.

Quick Reply: Civic Rear seat Removal?