Notices

Just purchased a '92 Civic. Couple questions...

Old 06-20-2002, 03:51 PM
civicboi95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the code should've came with the orignial package of papers they gave to you when u bought the car, hence the original owner has them. Otherwise, i'd take it to the dealer if they could figure it out.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:30 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just purchased a '92 Civic. Couple questions...

Originally posted by asiandoood

ur lucky...i was stuck on the freeway for almost an hour...at nite
ahh but not....this happened the next day after i got fired, which i had to spend $100 on parts that i really dont have
Old 06-20-2002, 04:31 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by eg_bert
about the radio code you're gonna have to take it to the dealer so they can check the serial number to make sure its not stolen and then theyll give ya a 4 digit number to enter in the radio. they charge you like 35 bux or something like that, maybe more. hope this helps.

just call up the dealer nearest you they will give it to you..i didnt have the one for my sisters 00 si that we put into my dads 85 accord so i called up and they gave it to me
Old 06-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Mr. Spec V
Booooooooooobs!!!!

those year civics are notorious for the O-rings going out aroudn 100k miles and basically letting oil spray up inside the distributor messing everything up. But As you can see by the other posts, a lot of other problems happen as well. They just didnt do a real good job that year with the distributors, they fixed it a bit later on down the line though
Old 06-20-2002, 05:37 PM
shiznattik

Yeah, I'd also like to know how much is "cheap". Reason being, I'm also in Sacramento looking for a CX/DX/VX and it's quite hard finding them at a decent price. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2002, 05:41 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Mr. Spec V
those year civics are notorious for the O-rings going out aroudn 100k miles and basically letting oil spray up inside the distributor messing everything up. But As you can see by the other posts, a lot of other problems happen as well. They just didnt do a real good job that year with the distributors, they fixed it a bit later on down the line though

:werd:

i had to buy that also for 1.00 im not sure if that was the problem with my oil everywhere though like on top of my tranny and crap
Old 06-21-2002, 09:57 AM
bmwguy

Thanks for all the help guys. The dist. I replaced looked fine, meaning it wasn't covered with oil, etc. I suppose an internal part failed.

For those interested in the cost. I paid $1000 for it. Like I said, it was cheap. White/blue, exterior is near perfect (two little dings) and the interior is perfect. Not even any wear on the fabric buckets. A/C works great, 5spd. It was a great deal and I don't expect to find another like it.

Actually, I just happen to come across it looking for BMW's. A friend of a friend thing.

Happy motoring....

BTW, my friend in the auto wrecking business comes across quite a few import cars that have been modified. Springs, some coil-overs, instrument clusters, blah blah blah... They're in the Sacramento area. Antelope Foreign Dismanlers www.antelopeforeign.com

I help them with their website, that's why I see this stuff. I'm redesigning their site right now and will be adding some suspension stuff. If anyone is interested you should give them a call and see what they have. 800-723-3951
Old 07-02-2002, 01:23 PM
shiznattik

:shocked: Damn, ya wouldn't wanna sell it for 100% profit, would ya? Make a quick grand... :naughty:

anyways, thanks for the reply. I called that place but they don't have any for sale... I guess they just deal with the parts right?