Notices

Wierd Brake Noises from the front

Old 02-04-2003, 11:42 AM
glitch23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Brake Noises from the front

I having a strange problem with my front brakes. Well it seems to be emanating from the passenger side, then as i get on the brakes more the car shudders and it sounds like its both sides.

I've already searched the site and I believe it to be either wapred rotors, or a brtake line that fell loose, only i dont have a jack to put it on till this weekend. It seem to happen as a hit a pothole on the local street doing about 20mph.

This is waht differs from what most people conclude about this problem. My noise starts out real low and picks up with speed, only it goes back to being low once I at about 50-60mph, I know some of the sound is being covered by road noise, but even next tot he divider the sound is still pretty low with the window down.

The sound gets extremely loud, and the car begins to shudder when I step on the brakes at this speed, and it slows down as the car slows down, If I speed up again the sound goes away. This leads me to believe it has to be the brakes also, maybe its me not wanting to hear the noise, but it seems that my brakes aren't working as well as they used to.

Now before I get the its the axle thing or wheel bearing, keep in mind ride control and comfort are better today then they were last week.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

I'd say the shuttering is from warped rotors.

If the sound sounds like a sqeaking/scratching metal on metal noise, I'd say it's time for some brake pads too.
-----
Old 02-04-2003, 12:30 PM
glitch23

Well I almost have it confirmed now, I was stopped in traffic, and when i started again it felt like the right side wheel had to get over a hump first before i started accelarating normally.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:35 PM
4-banging

yea, i'd say warped rotor. if it's possible you may be able to get it resurfaced depending how it is. and while your at it, put on some new pads :thumbup:
Old 02-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

Originally posted by glitch23
Well I almost have it confirmed now, I was stopped in traffic, and when i started again it felt like the right side wheel had to get over a hump first before i started accelarating normally.

Does your right wheel dust up real quick?

I had another sympton when I accelerated I noticed my left side move then my right (very very little difference but I could feel it). I also noticed my right side rear wheel was getting dusted up realllll quick. Turned out my passenger rear caliper was seized up.
-----