Notices

EL testimonials: Good or BAD!

Old 02-02-2003, 08:46 AM
dchanth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EL testimonials: Good or BAD!

Hi I would like to make a very informed decision on whether to purchase an acura 1.7EL Touring or a Honda Accord 2003 LX-G. It seems both models have numerous problems. For the Accord Sedan it's the tranny, for the Civic/EL it's the quality as per this thread:
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/sho...threadid=16438

Now I like both cars, and they are both close in price. My question is which would you guys purchase since the price is fairly close?
Old 02-02-2003, 08:55 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're slightly misinformed to begin with.

First off, the EL is basically a luxurious Civic. If you want luxury over size, engine power, and performance...get that. But the Accord and EL are COMPLETELY different cars in just about every way.

Secondly, the Accord's transmission problems have been fixed. The 2003 model has a brand new 5 speed automatic. On other cars like the TL and CL that still have a tranny based on the Accord's, the problem has been fixed since MY 2002. But, since it's a completely new model, some problems are bound to arise. But that's why you have a warranty.

The question to you is what your perogatives are since the Accord and EL are so different. Hope I helped a little

Chris
Old 02-02-2003, 09:32 AM
dchanth

Well since you put my mind at ease about accords, i think that's the way to go because I love the power and roominess of it! The EL was really weak and the sound of the engine is kindy funny when loaded with 3 people. It's just that the price range is so close that I wanted to make a purchase that suited my budget and not my needs. Because I have pretty generic needs get to campus from point A and get back from there in one peace, I drive on the highway quite a bit. As far as power I need something that will haul at least 2 or 3 people at ease, because when we go out we don't like to take out too many cars.

The EL is awesome for looks but it has nothing else to go for it. The Accord is so much better as you said for power, size and performance wise. When I think about it every second person here drives a Civic or a 1.7EL. But anyways tks for your reply
Old 02-02-2003, 09:50 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dchanth
Well since you put my mind at ease about accords, i think that's the way to go because I love the power and roominess of it! The EL was really weak and the sound of the engine is kindy funny when loaded with 3 people. It's just that the price range is so close that I wanted to make a purchase that suited my budget and not my needs. Because I have pretty generic needs get to campus from point A and get back from there in one peace, I drive on the highway quite a bit. As far as power I need something that will haul at least 2 or 3 people at ease, because when we go out we don't like to take out too many cars.

The EL is awesome for looks but it has nothing else to go for it. The Accord is so much better as you said for power, size and performance wise. When I think about it every second person here drives a Civic or a 1.7EL. But anyways tks for your reply
Glad I could help. I have an LX-V6 and it is plenty comfortable on the highways...I'm sure the 2003 LX is even more comfortable
Old 02-19-2003, 10:49 AM
domani

ok..

IMO, being an EL driver my self (1.6)

i think, top model w/ aero kit for 27k is a freaken rip off...

i'd get an accord...
but then if u get accord, it's base..

it's really up to u....
Old 02-19-2003, 01:45 PM
dchanth

Actually i decide a while back now to get an accord LX-G and spend some xtra money for rims from www.tiretrends.com!
Super cheap and good service. anyways the 2003 has good smooth power while the 1.7 is just another fancied up civic, for the price to be so close I would rather get the accord, better suspension, better engine, roomier, quieter inside and overall the fuel economy isn't too bad either. So an all around good car but tks for the replies