Notices

Car issues: any ideas / help?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Smurf
Dancing Banana Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car issues: any ideas / help?

So I bought this eg, and i knew i needed to put money into and do a swap, etc :hsd:

Thats why i bought it

But i was hoping to wait more then a few weeks to have to do the swap. So here is whats going on.

The car used to over heat because the radiator was cracked. SO i didnt want to drive it to cause issues. I bought a nice new radiator and it works great. Thinking issues are done. I was wrong. Every day it still loses some water. I have no idea where. there are no leaks, but the radiator needs about 3 inches of water daily. Its not blowing smoke!

Now, a new issues. It died and idles like crap. it really dosnt even idle it dies. At a stop sign or red light, it just dies. just like that. come to a stop and .... dead.

Could this just be a crap fuel pump / dirty as hell filter? I might change them today ..

I have a h22 and trans / mounts / axles on there way right now, should i just install the new motor / fuel pump / filter and be done with it?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Shameinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you have another car to drive I would just park it and do the swap why waste money on something your not going to keep you know?