Notices

Simple and cheap camera mount.

Old 06-22-2002, 12:33 AM
VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.conecam.com should have some interesting things...

Anyways, when I go hotlapping or autocrossing, I use a ghetto camera mount consisting of a traditional camera tripod, the rear seat belts, and some rope. It's 0230hrs right now, and I'm too sleepy to type the details, but I'll try to find pics of my ghetto mount.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:34 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally posted by frank
two questions why "zinc" screws. and where can i get a suction cup mount for my bullet cam?

thanks

i'm so close , even have a ac adapter in the car to power the camera and stuff.... all i need is the recording unit.... hmm and suction cup mounts

about the shock absorbing thingies, i bet you can make yourself an elaborate pully system with rubberbands.....
http://www.conecam.com has suction cup mounts.
Old 06-22-2002, 04:05 PM
Paul
Eater of Rice

hey guys, i've don't have any experience with any camera mounts in cars... but thinking about it... i think i have a solution, you take a pipe/bar, drill two separate holes the width of the head rest support, slide in a U-bolt, crank down some nuts, and repeat for the other headrest... would that not work?
Old 06-23-2002, 05:34 PM
DAJDMJUNKY
chill factor performance

stop doing the ghetto set up and get the real deal people its not that much man. i have connect for the real compant that sends them from italy.--------- frotto is the company , i have a suction cup thats bolts on to any part of the car. this part is hot and u real racer really need one. i took mine everywhere, nopi,ss daytona bash, ct.limerock etc works wonders people never falls off. really worth the cheap price if u want info let me know jus email me
chill factor performance
Old 06-23-2002, 07:56 PM
VTEC

Well, my ghetto setup works well, no vibration. It's free, and easy to set up and take down. It passed tech at SCCA Solo2, and at the Hybrid Track Days and other hotlapping events I've driven in. I'm gonna have to take some pics because it looks so funny...it ridiculously works!

That said, I can only get one camera angle, and that's from the back seat looking out the windshield...does that company you're referring to have a website? The footage I want to do include footage of the pedals and shifter and dash (a la Option videos), as well as in the fender well (to see the suspension and tires working) and other shots from outside the car. I know Cone Cam can do what I want, but I dn't know if the resolution will be up to par.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:45 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by VTEC
Well, my ghetto setup works well, no vibration. It's free, and easy to set up and take down. It passed tech at SCCA Solo2, and at the Hybrid Track Days and other hotlapping events I've driven in. I'm gonna have to take some pics because it looks so funny...it ridiculously works!

That said, I can only get one camera angle, and that's from the back seat looking out the windshield...does that company you're referring to have a website? The footage I want to do include footage of the pedals and shifter and dash (a la Option videos), as well as in the fender well (to see the suspension and tires working) and other shots from outside the car. I know Cone Cam can do what I want, but I dn't know if the resolution will be up to par.
Yeah nice customer relations you have there (not to VTEC). Calling my camera setup ghetto. Why would I want to fork out extra money when it can go to my car setup when I already have all the supplies I need? Now if you offer to me for free that's a different story.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:46 AM
CivicSiRacer

Anyway. I ran the setup yesterday at the autocross and it was SOLID! The videos were great and you can hear me talking to my students too on my fun runs. No bouncing or shaking at all. I do want to move the camera back though cause you couldn't see my hands on the steering wheel or the tach/speedo and more of the course.