Notices

More on rewiring the lighting system....

Old 01-17-2003, 04:31 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More on rewiring the lighting system....

Well, I got the tails all rewired. Now, when I have the lights on, only the outer portion lights up. When I hit the brakes, both the inner and outter tails light up. Hows that for a pointless mod :jerkit:

but now I need to work on the front end. This is regarding my supercool angeleye projectors h: :fawk:

ok, so there's the corner light, the angel eye light (basiclly an LED), h3 lowbeam (in a projector lens) and h1 highbeam (looking like a normal light). Don't ask me why I'm so damn picky about this, but when I wired them all up, the angel eye was connected to the corner light, and I hate it because the damn thing blinks when I throw the turn signal

and thats not all. I want my lowbeams to stay on when I have my highbeams active, in a similar fasion as holding the blinker/light control arm sticking out of the steering colum.

Anybody mess with the wiring to this degree? If so, shoot me some pointers. I know this should be in Electronics forum, but this is civic-orientated, so Mods, leave it be :fawk:
Old 01-17-2003, 04:36 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

wire your angel eye to the constant wire of your blinker...that way it wont blink.

your projectors should have came with a harness to let you run both low and high beams together....use that. (as far as i know the 5th gen projectors came with an extra harness)
Old 01-17-2003, 04:41 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally posted by asiandoood
wire your angel eye to the constant wire of your blinker...that way it wont blink.

your projectors should have came with a harness to let you run both low and high beams together....use that. (as far as i know the 5th gen projectors came with an extra harness)
well, This is all off the top of my head, so If I'm wrong, don't jump up my ass....

the corner blinker has 3 prongs. I connected it to the two outermost wires, and it stays on with the parking lights. I dunno if there's a constant wire. I figured maybe wiring them to the lowbeams, but then they're not on with the corners.

As for the high and lows togeather, there was only one harness. I think the 6th gens use a different bulb/wiring thing.

fuck, I guess I need to break out the Haynes manual and decode the wiring diagrams
Old 01-17-2003, 05:23 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by SirSmokeAlot
well, This is all off the top of my head, so If I'm wrong, don't jump up my ass....

the corner blinker has 3 prongs. I connected it to the two outermost wires, and it stays on with the parking lights. I dunno if there's a constant wire. I figured maybe wiring them to the lowbeams, but then they're not on with the corners.

As for the high and lows togeather, there was only one harness. I think the 6th gens use a different bulb/wiring thing.

fuck, I guess I need to break out the Haynes manual and decode the wiring diagrams
ok your turn signals are dual filament bulbs, so when you turn on your lights one filament is constant and one blinks.... wire the angel eye to the constant.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:29 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Naw man, it's simple. You need to get a wire testor first. It's a screwdriver looking tool that has a really sharp tip and a wire with an aligator clip coming off of the back end. What you do with this is: stab the pointy end into a wire and connect the aligator clip to a good ground.

You use this to figure out what wires are hot and when they're hot. Once you figure out which is the constant, you'll be golden for wiring the rest.

They're really cheap tools and you can get one at any auto store.

Hope it helps. If you want more, PM me or something and we'll figure it out. I love wiring, I think it's cool
Old 01-17-2003, 07:24 PM
19.3secS2K

but I don't get it. If the angel eye lights up when the parking lights are on (as it does now), why would it blink if the filiment remains on.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:23 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but I don't get it. If the angel eye lights up when the parking lights are on (as it does now), why would it blink if the filiment remains on.
It's hard to say.. can you take a pic of what you did?

I may be able to figure it out if I could see it.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:12 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

So the angel ring blinks? If it does, then just simply wire it to constant.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:13 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
It's hard to say.. can you take a pic of what you did?

I may be able to figure it out if I could see it.
no cam
Old 01-18-2003, 12:14 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally posted by ManTiS
So the angel ring blinks? If it does, then just simply wire it to constant.
duh

I just need to locate a constant, and was hopping someone had some experience before I started splicing wires togeather like I did for my tail lights h: