Notices

no start civic

Old 03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
henrykirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start civic

i have 99 civic that wont run . in time, fuel pressure is 40 at crankin, timing light shows no 1 when it fires while crankin. if i unplug the injectors it will try to run but die when fuel runs out of cylinders. plug injectors back in, tries to ri=un for just a sec then just spins. remove plugs and they are fuel soaked . like the injectors are flowin wide ass open when they are plugged in. i all out of ideas so any help would be great
Old 03-02-2009, 04:36 PM
BigNick630
Whats G?

I would check compression on all cylinders. May possibly have a bent valve.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Shameinator

What does it sound lik when its turning over and trying to start? Is it givin any smoke out the exhaust? Have you tried just replacing the plugs and wires? It sounds to me like your not getting any spark to ignite the fuel and just flooding out. Also check your distributor cap and make sure the rotor is good. I would replace all three and see if that changes anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
cruzalekz

so its dumping fuel in the cylinders for no reason.

it has spark., hmmm, bro, this might be hard, is the check engine light on?/?

if it is, then somethings commanding the pcm to dump fuel in the cylinders like say you got a map sensor or a tps thats always at Wide open throttle.
or maybe an o2 thats shorted to lean commanding the pcm to dump more fuel.

if you got not check engine light, then check the vacuum line that goes to your pressure regulator and check it for wetness. If its wet, then replace the regulator.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 AM
henrykirk

i checked compression, got appr 75 on every cylinder, all the plugs were wet with gas.i have already tried bosch platinum plugs, wires, cap and rotor and no change there. the ce light comes on and then goes off with the fuel pump after two secs. no codes at all. the pump runs while crankin but no ce light while crankin but i think thats normal. i put a pressure regulator on it yesterday thinkin the pressure was too high but it s the same as the old one. app 40 psi. im gonna try to get a lpg bottle and try to run it on that with the injectors unplugged and see if that will get it to at least idle and clean out the cylinders of fuel. i have never seen a car that could kick my ass like this one has. is there any way the main relay could cause this? i ve seen a lot of complaints about it online but most had no fuel pump or no ce light? thanks for all the help
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 AM
cruzalekz

i need a system wiring diagram for your car so i could help you out.
does anyone have one for me?

dont change anything else on your car coz u might be spending on unnecessary stuff.
do these simple test for me

locate your obd2 dlc connector and using a multimeter, measure the voltage out of the following

pin 4---ground

pin 5---ground (sensor ground)

pin 16--- 12v

pay close attention to pin 5. if you see 12v on pin 5, your sensor ground is lost.

its also possible that your rpm pickup, camshaft sensor, is broken but these usually sets a code. with one of them brokken, the enjectors goes into grouped injection coz the pcm does not know which cylinder to fire.
just a thought but were getting there

Last edited by cruzalekz; 03-04-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
cruzalekz

heres another one, maybe you removed your distributor out and bolted it back incorrectly. 180 degrees off
Old 03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
cruzalekz

i was looking at your cars wiring diagram and you have sequential fuel injection.
the only thing that opens up the injectors is the pcm and the transistors in it grounds the injectors tied up with its respective cylinder when its time to dump fuel.

all of the injecotrs will inject fuel at one time (grouped injection) to wet the manifold for the first 2 seconds when you switch your key to on position before the start position.

what i see here is you got a bad pcm that commands your injectors to be in grouped injection all the time and does not switch to sequential injection after the first 2 seconds when you turn your key to KOEO (key on engine off)

well, thats my diagnosis based on what your symptoms are.
maybe the other guys have their own opinions.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Shameinator

Originally Posted by cruzalekz
i was looking at your cars wiring diagram and you have sequential fuel injection.
the only thing that opens up the injectors is the pcm and the transistors in it grounds the injectors tied up with its respective cylinder when its time to dump fuel.

all of the injecotrs will inject fuel at one time (grouped injection) to wet the manifold for the first 2 seconds when you switch your key to on position before the start position.

what i see here is you got a bad pcm that commands your injectors to be in grouped injection all the time and does not switch to sequential injection after the first 2 seconds when you turn your key to KOEO (key on engine off)

well, thats my diagnosis based on what your symptoms are.
maybe the other guys have their own opinions.

Damn! Sounds like someones a mechanic lol. I would go with the guy who knows what he is talking about LoL ^^^^