Notices

do i need to replace the themostat???

Old 01-10-2003, 07:46 AM
iDs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need to replace the themostat???

okay i replace my gf's delsol radiator a while ago..but the temp gauga barely go above cold, only like a notch of two above cold. but when i turn on the heat it blow hot air..and the radiator is pretty hot. oh and also the fan for the rad doesnt turn on. i checked the fuse..and that seem fine. someone told me its probably the themostat, what ya guys think? i never change it b4...what i need to do to change it?

also the del sol have 146k miles on it..i change the her engine oil and tranny..and want to do the timing belts and waterpump too. my question is what do i need to buy to do the timing belt and pump? i know i need the belt and pump, thats a givin...but what else? any gasket? any other things i should do too since im doin the belt and pump??? need to know so i could buy the stuff online..thanks alot!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Spood
Sucka

You need a 10mm, pair of pliers, a new thermostat, and the gasket for it. Total cost is about 8 bucks.

For the timing belt, it's nopt really a newbie job, but if you follow all the specs, you'll be fine. Since you're local, you can hit me up, and I can give you some pointers.

Oh, this is Bakeoff, didn't switch logins. Hit me up on Aim... Bakeoff2
Old 01-11-2003, 07:21 AM
iDs

hey bakeoff..this is aznrealm00 on aim..funny how u the only one who reply to my post..hahah..thanks bro..i think im gonna order it online but it seem you might know where a better deal at...i was plaining to order it at http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

all oem stuff
water pump 47.62
themostat 11.02
timing belt 31.26
plus 5 handling and i dunno how much for shipping probably 10-20

you know where i could get those stuff cheaper??
Old 01-11-2003, 08:52 AM
94delslow

I dunno ifthe thermostat is NECESSARY or not.......

I had an 89 prelude and the thermostat died at 190,000 or so.

Basically the temp gauge would go all the way to hot in a matter of 5 or 10 miniuts

it was an easy fix at least!