Notices

b16a swap question!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:21 AM
frankn_d16_ek
ThE_UnExPeCtEd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a swap question!!!

ok fellas i had a once in lifetime chance to pick up a full b16a swap that was just recently purchased from password jdm for damn near nothing yesterday:woohoo: . my question is im rocking the 99' civic ex (ej8) and being that the motor is obd0 and my car is obd2 how hard is it going to be to convert it over or to even get the motor to run right in my car?? it does have the ys1 tranny mounted to it (cable) and my civic is a stock s40 hydro i know about converting that but my real question here is whats all involved in getting this thing to run in my car?? answers will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

Originally Posted by frankn_d16_ek
ok fellas i had a once in lifetime chance to pick up a full b16a swap that was just recently purchased from password jdm for damn near nothing yesterday:woohoo: . my question is im rocking the 99' civic ex (ej8) and being that the motor is obd0 and my car is obd2 how hard is it going to be to convert it over or to even get the motor to run right in my car?? it does have the ys1 tranny mounted to it (cable) and my civic is a stock s40 hydro i know about converting that but my real question here is whats all involved in getting this thing to run in my car?? answers will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
it would probably be easier to just go obd1

either way you need ecu,distributor, injectors and a conversion harness...and maybe some other things...if you search im sure you can find the info
Old 01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Civic2Scooby

obd-1 conversion....it's gonna take some parts though.

obd-1 b16a intake manifold
obd-1 dizzy
obd-1 thermostat housing with thermoswitch
obd-2 to obd-1 ecu conversion harness
obd-2 to obd-1 dizzy conversion harness or re-pin
HASport cable/hydro tranny with mount
ummm there is more.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:30 AM
frankn_d16_ek
ThE_UnExPeCtEd

GREAT......also, i heard that i can run the single cam harness on it as long as i re-pin the dizzy as well?? im not to sure on all of this so thats why im asking. i already have the innovative hydro-cable conv. kit and my billet drivers side replacement mount. the only thing that is getting me is the harness, do i have to pull one off of a si because of all the sensors that the single cam dont have or?? thanks again fellas
Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
thetunersource

Go for the OBD1 much easier also make sure you change your timing belt, much easier when it is out of the car.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 AM
frankn_d16_ek
ThE_UnExPeCtEd

well as far as the thermo housing it has the coolant temp sensor already in it so i dont need one, the only real problem that im running into is can i run the d16y8 harness on it or do i have to go with another?? i have everything to do the swap consisting of: drivers side mount, conversion kit for cable trans, obd2b to obd1 jumper harness, p28 ecu, 94 teggy shifter linkage, 95 integra axles with intermediate, 99 b16 intake mani with tb injectors and fuel rail, 99 gsr dizzy. anything i left out please let me know but im pretty sure everythings there minus the situation with the harness. let me know fellas and thanks again!!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by frankn_d16_ek
well as far as the thermo housing it has the coolant temp sensor already in it so i dont need one, the only real problem that im running into is can i run the d16y8 harness on it or do i have to go with another?? i have everything to do the swap consisting of: drivers side mount, conversion kit for cable trans, obd2b to obd1 jumper harness, p28 ecu, 94 teggy shifter linkage, 95 integra axles with intermediate, 99 b16 intake mani with tb injectors and fuel rail, 99 gsr dizzy. anything i left out please let me know but im pretty sure everythings there minus the situation with the harness. let me know fellas and thanks again!!
well your thermo housing has the coolant temp sensor, but not the thermoswitch for the fans. The obd-0 B16a used a different setup. So if you try and run your car without getting the revised housing and thermoswitch your fans will never come on. You can use your stock d16y8 harness.

oh and you will need a 99-00Si rear trans T mount bracket.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
frankn_d16_ek
ThE_UnExPeCtEd

ok fellas heres another one for you, my stock single cam harness has a different plug for the dizzy than the b16a and i have the gsr dizzy which is the same as the b16a, what do i do about the difference between the two plug ins ones a 8 pin and ones a 9 pin and they are nowhere near the same size. is there a jumper for the dizzy too?? if so where can i find one?? thanks again
Old 02-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Civic2Scooby

Rywire.com
Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 AM
frankn_d16_ek
ThE_UnExPeCtEd

thanks for the link civic2scooby, thats exactly what i needed, i went ahead and bought the obd2b to obd1 dizzy harness, but i have another question "sorry" lol, do i still have to run a new wire for the crank sensor or any rewiring at all?? but basically im set other than the t bracket but i can pick that up front a honda dealer near me for $45. but other than that im set. thanks again fellas you have really helped me out with this. ill post pics as soon as we get ready to swap!!