Notices

all motor d16y8

Old 12-05-2002, 03:38 PM
TaylorC01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aight... i went back to the shop today and here's what i got..well here's what me and my friend got!!.. 2 Garret turbos, 2 HKS Manifolds, 2 HKS wastegates & install for $5000 !!! tell me that's not a deal... that's $2500 a piece for turbos.. and install!! they said if i bring them a BOV and an intercooler they will install those at no extra charge.. so we are going 2morrow to some junkyards to find one of those factory BOV's and intercoolers off of like a saab or eclipse or something!! sound good?? let me know what you think!!

Taylor
Old 12-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Kevin
Banned

Originally posted by ManTiS
My opinion is that you find a new shop.
:werd:
and u should really stop listening to their bs..
Old 12-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

Originally posted by TaylorC01
aight... i went back to the shop today and here's what i got..well here's what me and my friend got!!.. 2 Garret turbos, 2 HKS Manifolds, 2 HKS wastegates & install for $5000 !!! tell me that's not a deal... that's $2500 a piece for turbos.. and install!! they said if i bring them a BOV and an intercooler they will install those at no extra charge.. so we are going 2morrow to some junkyards to find one of those factory BOV's and intercoolers off of like a saab or eclipse or something!! sound good?? let me know what you think!!

Taylor
Um piping? are they gonna make piping for your setup?

what about electronics?

honda-tech has a group buy for a turbo kit with hondata for $2600

you just got ripped off.
-----
Old 12-05-2002, 08:06 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bumnah
Um piping? are they gonna make piping for your setup?

what about electronics?

honda-tech has a group buy for a turbo kit with hondata for $2600

you just got ripped off.
I agree with Amrit. You could've gotten a package deal with Hondata. What are they going to do for engine management?
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=302845
Old 12-06-2002, 05:27 AM
cvc2k

Even if they can do what they promise, reliability is going to be a big issue. No point having a 220hp SOHC engine that breaks down every other week... Just watch out for that.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:40 AM
TaylorC01

the turbo is a complete kit.... !! all piping and everything included... !!.. intercooler and BOV i can get off a stock eclipse for cheap as hell...this is a bad setup for this price...!! .. that hondata thing.. i don't trust that.. those are xpensive as crap and there is no way you can get one for that price w/ a turbo kit!! that is bs

taylor
Old 12-06-2002, 06:07 AM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the turbo is a complete kit.... !! all piping and everything included... !!.. intercooler and BOV i can get off a stock eclipse for cheap as hell...this is a bad setup for this price...!! .. that hondata thing.. i don't trust that.. those are xpensive as crap and there is no way you can get one for that price w/ a turbo kit!! that is bs

taylor
If you're paying $500 for labor, $2000 for a no-options turbo setup is not that cheap. You're saying Kyle's(2K_TEG) deal is BS? Did you not read through the 16 pages of happy customers in that thread? Pricing varies on the new Hondata S100 and S200 systems, depending on the options you want. Kyle is able to offer them packaged with his kits at a considerable discount because of the volume he deals in.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:53 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

I can vouch for the seller. I purchased a Hondata intake manifold gasket and got it in 2 days exactly like he said I would.

You don't trust Hondata? hahahahahahahahahhahhhhhahahahahahahahhhahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you must not know anything then. Let's see: a standalone engine management system or a piggyback computer? Go bust out your Fast and Furious DVD. What do you think was powering the green Eclipse?!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:44 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

taylor

i fear the day when i realize i've overpaid for a product as expensive as a turbo kit