Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   boing! (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/37801-boing.html)

RaVen_CiviC 12-04-2002 03:48 PM

i try that speech everytime, only problem is my father streetraced in the 70's so he catches on everytime. either way i go buy the stuff anyway haha they cant say no if it's already installed

Max Power 12-04-2002 04:34 PM

Originally posted by EX R8ED

BTW: H&R sports.

quality made in germany springs that you can find for a much smaller price than eibachs.

ManInCamo 12-04-2002 04:53 PM

Originally posted by Hondaman

He hates the way it rides stock, he thinks it's too rough of a ride. He thinks it should ride like my grandma's Oldsmobile.

your dad thinks stock is hard? he would have a heart attack in my car. People compare rides in my car to rides in go carts

Cashis EG8 12-04-2002 09:29 PM

Definately do it right, do it once.

I have to redo my suspension over winter break :(

Eibach sportlines should drop you ~1.8" and are relatively comfortable.

ImportRac3r 12-04-2002 09:41 PM

Na screw all that. Save some cash and cut those things in half. :D lol J/K Go with the Eibachs, thats what I have and I wouldn't have it anyother way. :thumbup:

civic2k2grl 12-05-2002 03:44 AM

Originally posted by ManInCamo
your dad thinks stock is hard? he would have a heart attack in my car. People compare rides in my car to rides in go carts
the last time i dorve my old car i had already bought the new one.. i beleive go cart is pretty accurate... i kinda miss that feeling..

1999civicEX 12-05-2002 06:04 AM

Get a Tokico Suspension Kit... it'll cost you $400 bucks, has good quality, and drops it 1.5"

Cashis EG8 12-05-2002 09:52 AM

Another thing you might want to consider is that normal springs might not drop you an even amount all around (i.e. driver side might be slightly lower, rear might be lower than you'd like, etc). Might want to spend a little extra money on Ground Controls or Skunk2's :D

whiteEJ8 12-05-2002 01:44 PM

Originally posted by civic2k2grl
well i paid for it but i used my parents credit to get the good intrest rate... i had just turned 18 i had no credit.. but they dont like me playing with my cars..
My Dad was the same way when I was in high school. Now he has no say over it.:) My Dad thinks I'm nuts for wanting to spend $3000+ on an engine swap.

tokyoracer 12-11-2002 11:36 PM

Originally posted by 6GenCivic
My Dad was the same way when I was in high school. Now he has no say over it.:) My Dad thinks I'm nuts for wanting to spend $3000+ on an engine swap.
lol... well, lucky for me then... cuz when my mom rode in my car... she just said "why u driving that fast?" when i am only doing 65mph on freeways... cuz the exhaust sound... she thinks i'm gunning it. lol.

kinda off topic... but where in houston u from? u lived there for 10 yrs... :eek: then i moved to cali. went to Hastings HS in Alief District and was on their tennis team.