Notices

Sunroof is screwed...

Old 08-11-2008, 05:37 PM
mattc28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof is screwed...

I just got the car, and the sunroof doesnt seem to work well, it goes but you have to help it with your hand. I took the glass out, via the 6 allen wrench bolts.. to clean the tracks. I made the mechanism (without the glass in it) go up and down, and I can see it is not working right. One arm works fine, the other when opened all the way, I attempt to close it and the arm goes downward and hits the roof instead of moving forward like the other side. What would cause this? Nothing looks bent, broken, or damaged...
Old 08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

How'd you get the glass out? I know where two of the screws are, but where are the others? I want to paint mine black because they can't be tinted. Had one sunroof shatter from having tint on it because the heat makes the film expand and contract.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 AM
mattc28

yeah, there are 3 on each side.... 2 are quite hidden, you have to have it half open to see.... Why dont u just close the shade, doesnt that darken it up?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:12 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Ha...the shade got torn apart, and mangled the shade along with most of the head liner, so I removed it. I have big subs, and it just tears the car apart. I actually noticed that a weld on the door frame snapped from the doors flexing.