Notices

2000 Civic-VP-Window problems

Old 08-01-2008, 10:48 AM
kehtn68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Civic-VP-Window problems

Driver's side door window will not roll up or down. Manual windows. I heard a noise while rolling window up yesterday. Then the window slid down into the door. I was able to get hold of the top of the window and pull it up. I wedged something in between the window and door panel to hold it up overnight. In the process of pulling the window up, a wire cable came up also looping up out of the door panel where the window is. Is this something I can fix myself? If so, what do I need to do? I really don't have the money to take it somewhere. Thanks, Liza
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
lkailburn
college kid

pull the interior panel off and take a look. the glass probably came out of the track. i've never messed with the manual windows much but it's probably somethign you can fix or is atleast worth taking a look at to see what can be done

-Luke
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

I've never worked on the manual windows, but it sounds like either the linkage for the level broke/came undone or something with the regulator.
Just remove any visible screws and than pop the inner door panel off by pulling on it at the edges. Start at the bottom, for the top part (once the inner mirror cover has been pulled off) you pull the panel up to slide that part out of the door.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
remy

from experience i can tell you that most likely was the regulator that went!!

I have already replaced both manual window regulators on my 97 civic!!

If that is the problem you can definitely fix it yourself!!

all you have to really pay attention is when you remove the two little bolts holding the windows...you want take 2nd one out really slow while holding the window with the other hand...you really dont want to crack or break the window!!