Notices

just ordered ground controls.....time to put em on

Old 11-19-2002, 02:17 PM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost feel like I've got suspension swaps down to an art. Just to add to what's already been said:

After removing the old setup (prob the most time consuming part if you've got rusty parts) and removing the old springs (prob the scariest part), you'll just need to put the GC's on the Konis, and put it all back in. Personally, I find it easier to set them high and then lower them as necessary. It just seems easier to see how much lower you want it to be rather than the other way around. Good luck, have fun, and post pics.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:50 PM
Ferio Man

thanc agent...ya im doing it all day this saturday or sunday
Old 11-19-2002, 10:25 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

wuts up with the purchase? did you not tell us bout a good deal on GBC?

im looking at getting GC and koni yellows for my 97 coupe, lemme know how the install goes and also post pics.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:19 AM
Paulll
Hail Bent

i have looked for a long time, and i have not found Koni Yellows for under 500, I am just getting KYB because i dont really need something as nice as Koni's
Old 11-20-2002, 05:51 AM
b00gers

if you are doing the spring and shock together, theres no need for the spring comprssor. just swap the whole thing in. the hardest part will be removing the nuts and bolts.

i didnt read the above post, so i dunno if it has been said already.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:00 AM
FLiPKiD

dont you need the spring compressor to take the stock shock caps off so you can put it on the aftermarket shocks?
Old 11-20-2002, 06:08 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by agent87
I almost feel like I've got suspension swaps down to an art. Just to add to what's already been said:

After removing the old setup (prob the most time consuming part if you've got rusty parts) and removing the old springs (prob the scariest part), you'll just need to put the GC's on the Konis, and put it all back in. Personally, I find it easier to set them high and then lower them as necessary. It just seems easier to see how much lower you want it to be rather than the other way around. Good luck, have fun, and post pics.
very good point.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:10 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by WiLL
if you are doing the spring and shock together, theres no need for the spring comprssor. just swap the whole thing in. the hardest part will be removing the nuts and bolts.

i didnt read the above post, so i dunno if it has been said already.
you need the hat, nuts/bolts, bump stops, and (on the front) the lower arms.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:09 AM
huviduc

by the way, i didnt see it mentioned so i figured id tell you. im not real sure if you absolutely NEED them, but you have to get adapters from GC for the to be able to work together, the adapters are just little metal rings inside the red colars. the will cost 106 shipped. i am not sure but if you dont have them you may be able to get by with out them, youd have to look into it, i have no idea.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:13 AM
huviduc

also i just did my front ones a few weeks ago, real easy exceopt for spring compressing, that a pain. other than that it is really easy. but if you have an older civic, have fun with the bolts through the lower rear control arm:thumbup: , i still havent gottten mine out, therefor i am still on rear stock shocks, it sucks.