Notices

what yuh think of Tein (owners)

Old 11-05-2002, 03:34 AM
civic2civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what yuh think of Tein (owners)

I was thinking about getting tein dampering system because i ve heard alot of good things about them, but nothing really from an owner so i was wondering if any of you are running with Tein on your ride??

I wanna get the Tein SS dampering system and i also want to get the EDFC (the computer that can control the dampering with a button) I know with the EDFC however i have to cut the skeleton on my hood but thats no biggie

What you guys think, any probs, any dos or donts??

The whole system will proably cost about 1700$ including labor
Old 11-05-2002, 08:49 AM
Xqu1sit

I don't have it but i heard they were good. the only thing w/ tien i have heard about is that they might rust a lot faster depending on the area. It was made for like dry weather and all so when it comes to snow, i heard they rust. maybe that will help you.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:59 AM
HeavyCivic
Team HighRev

yeh i was thinking of selling my GC/KYB AGX setup and getting the SS system too

only thing i have heard is the problem with the rusting
but since i never drive my car in the winter anyways(thank you my 4Runner ) i didnt really see it as a problem.

but now all i keep hearing is that the JIC-MAGIC coil-over systems are the shizz too bad they're freakin expensive as hell

but now since all the money is going into the engine im just staying with my GC/KYB setup

if u get the SS system let me know how it drives cuz right now my setup is stiff enuf for me:thumbup:
Old 11-06-2002, 09:38 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

IMO, if you arent going to put the setup in use on the track, why get it? A good coilover and adjustable shock setup is cheaper and effective for daily driving.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:18 AM
gritsak

i just got the tein flex a couple weeks ago and put them in over this past weekend. ive still got a little tuning to do with them to set them up how i like but so far they are awsome. the flex series have teflon coating over the threads to prevent rust, and they also give you a spray can with some type of spray that is suppose to also protect against rust....most coilovers will have problems associated with rust if they are driving year round in snow and such, just clean them every once in awhile and run the sleeve up and down the threads so they dont lock up.

on the flex you have to use a type r rear LCA but its only $100 for a set and they are a snap to install. and they also come with the pillowball mounts which are awsome.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:39 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by gritsak
i just got the tein flex a couple weeks ago and put them in over this past weekend. ive still got a little tuning to do with them to set them up how i like but so far they are awsome. the flex series have teflon coating over the threads to prevent rust, and they also give you a spray can with some type of spray that is suppose to also protect against rust....most coilovers will have problems associated with rust if they are driving year round in snow and such, just clean them every once in awhile and run the sleeve up and down the threads so they dont lock up.

on the flex you have to use a type r rear LCA but its only $100 for a set and they are a snap to install. and they also come with the pillowball mounts which are awsome.

I believe all the TEINs need the JDM or R LCA's to make them fit except for the TEIN SS.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:17 PM
MoFo
Baddest mf'er...ever.

Not sure if this will help, but I'll throw it in the mix.

My friend has a TEIN setup in his MR2, handling is great, stiff ride, but never bounces, the car responded much better, and he got more oversteer.

The problem is that the TEINs really screwed with his alignment, the inside of the tire was worn down to the steel belts, while the rest of the tire was fine. It also pushed out the wheel a little so his tire rubs on thte fender.

Overall, he's happy, he bought it used. But, not worth the price if you don't use it on the track.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:19 PM
krnbk2

Originally posted by asiandoood
I believe all the TEINs need the JDM or R LCA's to make them fit except for the TEIN SS.
even HA's ???

i was planning on running tein ha's on my ej but i live up in NJ where it does snow

i origianlly wanted to run with gc's and koni yellow's but for a little more money the Ha's looked very appetising. 16way adjustable, rebuildable, blah blah blah.

oh well
Old 11-06-2002, 02:24 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by krnbk2
even HA's ???

i was planning on running tein ha's on my ej but i live up in NJ where it does snow

i origianlly wanted to run with gc's and koni yellow's but for a little more money the Ha's looked very appetising. 16way adjustable, rebuildable, blah blah blah.

oh well

The SS are the same as the HA...except that they are made to fit the USDM setup.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:41 PM
HappySnatch
OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend had teins on his crx...never met a car that handled better