mcihonda
Honda Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for a 95 honda civic ex 2 door?
what kinda condition??
Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
swervin-mervin

I am a painter at a body shop and just painted my 92 hatch and had aftermarket fenders, hood and bumper. With aftermarket you just got to know how to mess with that stuff. If you want better gap on the passenger side die grind the holes out until it lines up. You can make it work. Just check out how the fender fits the hood. If the edge of the fender is sticking out past the hood you are good to go with moving the fender back. But if it is even you pretty much have to just fit as best as possible. Remember you can also move the hood as needed also. But if you are still going black you wont notice the gap as much as you would say as a white car.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
mcihonda
Honda Driver

you know i woulda never of thought of using a die grinder.. never.. thats a great idea.like i said already, im havin my engine and everything done.. im havin a new front axle put on friday and then soon after that a new racket pinion. so after the stuff is done that is needs to make a car run, the body will be next for sure.thank you so much.since ur a painter. i just bought black paint with metal flakes in it.. well black metallic paint i guess you could call it.. and its pre mixed all ready to go on... how long does a paint like that take to cure. thanks again.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

Its for a hatch but they use the same fenders. Its brand new, still in the package.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 AM
swervin-mervin

well i am guessing you are using a basecoat / clearcoat system. (base coat dull, clear coat shiny) If you are planning to get it done at a shop that can bake you car (at usually 140 degrees) It takes usually about 17-20 minutes and you can touch it and drive it right after. But if not it depends on what kind of clearcoat you bought. You can get the information sheets on whatever you bought from your local autobody supply place. It tells you everything you need to know like how much time between coats, how many coats, what temp, and drying process. If you are painting it yourself like in your garage i wouldnt really recommend it. Especailly if you have never painted before. But if you do, you will have to spray the black with metallic flake very even. If you dont for exampleyou will notice stripes of thicker build up of metallic. And make sure it doesnt get to cold while it is drying overnight or it will blush, which will make it dull. and im not sure if you can get the sheen back or not with wetsanding and buffing. Any other q's let me know
Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 AM
swervin-mervin

oh yeah, you might be able to rent a paint booth from a local body shop, another good thing to look into if you are painting yourself
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally Posted by HatchVX
your not going to be able to move that right fender and still keep it lined up in the front. Just get some JDM one from password, they are a little cheaper than OEM, and the fit damn well.

I believe theirs are also aftermarket. Unless they state that they are OEM used fenders from Japan.

As for the aftermarket fenders, you may need to shift things around to get it to fit properly.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
mcihonda
Honda Driver

well im havin a pro paint my car cause im not goin to do it.well im goin to have everything done really soon.. im goin to have my axle replaced tomorrow morning and then after that a racket pinion. then thats it for mechaincal... then the body work hopefully will all go by quick.. depending on money...
another question. i have a leak in my car by the footwell what could be causing it.. and if i cant find the direct leak, what can i lay down before puttin new carpet in.. thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
swervin-mervin

Hey, good to hear you are having someone painting it. Just a word of caution, you get what you pay for. Labor wise and Chemical wise. I see people coming into my shop all the time that had a car painted for like 1500 bucks and its peeling. And i tell them that is just how much the materials cost when i do a complete paint job. But anyways about the leak, i think i have the same leak if it is on the passenger side. i havent found it yet. But i havent really looked very hard. I think it is coming in from the fire wall. If you have an amp wire running from your battery into your car, it might be coming from there. That is where i think mine is coming from