Notices

CKF Sensor Plug

Old 12-15-2007, 08:22 AM
dieneverknowing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CKF Sensor Plug

For a 2000 Civic HX:

I'm just curious if there is supposed to be any clips or ties that hold this plug away from the accessory belts?

The reason I'm asking is because my CEL came on and I got a P1336. I crawled underneath to follow the plug from one end to the other to see if I could notice any problems and I found that the plug was resting against the alternator belt and it apparently severed it enough to make the CEL come on.

I had my timing betl changed at Honda a month or two ago and I'm wondering if perhaps they forgot to secure this plug or if this is just a case of bad luck.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by dieneverknowing
For a 2000 Civic HX:

I'm just curious if there is supposed to be any clips or ties that hold this plug away from the accessory belts?

The reason I'm asking is because my CEL came on and I got a P1336. I crawled underneath to follow the plug from one end to the other to see if I could notice any problems and I found that the plug was resting against the alternator belt and it apparently severed it enough to make the CEL come on.

I had my timing betl changed at Honda a month or two ago and I'm wondering if perhaps they forgot to secure this plug or if this is just a case of bad luck.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
yes it should be secured away from the belts. If it fucked it up take it back to Honda and if they aren't a half ass dealership they should take care of you.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:18 AM
dieneverknowing

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
yes it should be secured away from the belts. If it fucked it up take it back to Honda and if they aren't a half ass dealership they should take care of you.
thanks man