Notices

Amp problems, it might be nothing new but can't get help on audio forums

Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 PM
gettheledout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp problems, it might be nothing new but can't get help on audio forums

In my 2000 dx civic, I just installed an old school HCCA 225 with Audiocontrol unit for bridging with a 10" kicker L7. Having some noise problems. I will copy and paste from the12volt.com thread I have been on. If this isn't appropriate for this forum I understandh:
Everything is now hooked up, and I get a super loud low tone. I ran an ipod with rcas right in front of my xover (bridging unit), and the bass plays fine. I assume nothing is "wrong" with my amp, xover, or sub. Now I don't know where to go next. I need a better ground, ground HU in same place as amp, etc. I don't have a lot of time, and who wants to mess with stuff that isn't a necessary step? It takes almost 25 minutes to tear apart my honda dash to get to the radio, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.. What does everyone think?
Sony CDX-GT610UI headunit

was recommended to ground shield of RCAS. I did this and it didn't work, same tone? I ran an mp3 player direct into the crossover's RCAs and I have perfect bass coming from the sub.

The next thing would be to take out HU and reground to battery or something? Sorry for long (or inappropriate post)
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
gettheledout

bump please
mods move to audio forms for more hits?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Where do you have the power and RCA's running from the front to the rear?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 AM
gettheledout

Power and Rcas on different sides of car. The remote wire is currently running just up over the back seat, it isn't actually permanent yet. I'm not sure, should I end up running that next to my positive? I didn't really plan on finally wiring that until everything worked.