Notices

B18C1 w/ '00 Si Engine harness prob

Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Seruy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C1 w/ '00 Si Engine harness prob

Many of you probably remember me, I finally finished the swap and the car drives fine, not superb, but fine. I need to find out a few things. I got ITR ECU immob removed, and it does plug in fine into the Si harness but the car will never start, cranks but doesn't start. Same goes for the original Si ecu. The only way it started was using OBD1 Ecu w/ the harness switch over. What gives? How come I can't even start with the original ECU? I know ecu works fine, removed off of wrecked Si that started fine!! Do I still need the odb2a to obd2b converter harness to use my ITR ECU then? Anyone had similar experience? Help me out, I'm going crazy over here!!!

P.S. It feels like the car won't rev past 5k rpm with the obd1 ecu (it's chipped), I had no cluster installed at the time of the test drive . Could it be the secondary butterfly thing that keeps is from opening the VTEC properly?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Seruy

bump
Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 AM
spoon-eg-

i would just use a jumper to obd1 and use a p28 or p72 chipped and tuned
Old 10-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Seruy

thanks for the reply, I would probably go your way, but I'm not planning on keeping the car, I just want it to run and drive again with what I have got (ITR ECU). Any other ideas on why it wouldn't start?