Notices

95 civic power window problem

Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 AM
trtimbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic power window problem

My daughter has a 95 civic ex with pwr windows. She is at college about 3 hrs away and says that her passenger side window will go down but not up. it is a coupe, and the drivers side works both up and down. Niether the drivers or passenger side switch will make the passenger side window go up but both will make it go down. I am going up there tommorrow to try and fix this but am looking for suggestions. I don't want to buy every switch/relay/ regulator etc ebfore I go but I also don't want to spend my time up there looking for parts. the car also has a alarm system that will wind up windows and lock doors with a key fob. If I can't find the problem would it be okay to run a jump wire from the battery to the plug inside door switch to try and get the window up, then leave window unplugged. Her car has already been broken into twice and stereo stolen. If i can do this do you know what color wire and + or - terminal of the battery. I am not really a mech but have a honda girl and an acura integra girl and could use your help before her car is stolen. Ps she has pulled on the window while holding the up button but it did not help. THANK YOU for any ideas
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Rebelwork
senile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the control unit out(passenger side) of the door and play with the connectors/wiring a bit. Start there and work backwards. Probably just a bad connection. Was the same problem with my daughters 95 Civic. With a lil luck you wont have to pull the door panel at all. Jack

Last edited by Rebelwork; 09-18-2007 at 06:13 PM.