Notices

Rear Bumper mods to make it flow better

Old 09-17-2007, 01:25 PM
tovlakas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper mods to make it flow better

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to make my civic flow better. I've outgrown the bodykit look, but the one major issue I have with the civic look is the fact that the rear bumper's lower edge is set so high. On most cars the rear bumper is the same level as the sideskirts and front bumper, and in my opinion makes the car look much more balanced.

Do you have any suggestions for making the rear bumper "thicker"? I was looking at some rear lips but they don't really go low enough, not to mention they look incredibly cheap because you can tell they are just set on top of the existing bumper.

The one custom bumper I didn't mind too much was the BC-2 style. It's pretty tame but it extends the back to the right height... I just think it's a tiny bit bubbly. Does anyone have some images of a civic with stock front bumper/sideskirts and a custom backend that looks alright?

I pretty much want one that will balance the car without making it obvious to the casual, non honda-nut bystander that I've modded the car.

I've included images for comparison; the M3 vs. the civic so you can see exactly what I mean.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
3lo

oh ye to make it flow better dont forget the aerodynamics, otherwise your car with 130hp will lift off.

as for looking cheap, its civic, even if you mod m3 bumper, it will still look cheap on civic.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
ddd4114

Do something like this: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65087

It's not pretty, but it works.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Civic2Scooby

CTR rear lip