Notices

Let me try this again - CEL problem!!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:21 PM
philiose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me try this again - CEL problem!!

Thanks in advance, and may I mention that I am boldly going where I have never gone before...

I had a major water leak on the passenger side of my '94 Honda del Sol. It wouldn't turn over, and I had spark but no fuel.

It was obvious that my ECU was fried (you could smell it down the street),so I replaced it with a remanufactured one. Still wouldn't turn over.

Replaced the distributor, and the car would turn over, but only after the CEL went out, which took anywhere from 2 to 12 minutes (see below).

Replaced the main relay, and the CEL went off more quickly. I don't know if the main relay quit, 'cause now, I'm back to the point where

The CEL:

-goes off after a few seconds when I turn the engine off, then immediately on again.

-turns off, it seems, in direct proportion to the time the engine has been off, i.e. the longer the engine hasn't been running, the longer it takes for the CEL to go off. If the car sits all night, it takes 10 -12 minutes for the light to go off. If it sits for an hour, it might take five...

...like something that's supposed to stay charged is grounding out? Any ideas? I've been pounding my head against a wall for almost three weeks...

Cheers,

Christina
Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

where did you get the re-manufactured ecu from?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
philiose

Omie, I got it from a local division of LKQ Corp. ("the largest nationwide provider of recycled light vehicle OEM products").

Christina