Notices

1999 Civic PCV Valve Location?

Old 06-10-2007, 01:19 PM
crlsmares08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Civic PCV Valve Location?

hey guys wats up. i have a 1999 civic DX and i am having trouble finding the PCV Valve on my car. I heard its in the intake manifold but i just cant seem to find it. Can you guys help me or maybe post some pics of where exactly it is. Im getting A real bad idle and i cant stand it anymore.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM
remy

if you look exactly down where the civic's oil filter is...it is directly on top of it!!

theres only two cable that you will see directly aligned with the oil filter...the PCV if im correct is the secondone looking down from the hood...if i remember correctly!

***The PCV valve is located on top of the engine in the intake manifold below the fuel rail...to be more specific!!

Old 06-11-2007, 03:13 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PCV valve should be between the two middle runners on the Intake Manifold.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Originally Posted by remy
if you look exactly down where the civic's oil filter is...it is directly on top of it!!

theres only two cable that you will see directly aligned with the oil filter...the PCV if im correct is the secondone looking down from the hood...if i remember correctly!

***The PCV valve is located on top of the engine in the intake manifold below the fuel rail...to be more specific!!

Yeah, I was gonna suggest under the fuel injectors/fuel rail as that direction helped me find mine but I wasn't sure it was the same on the 6th gens

Mine was a real pain to get at and when I replaced it, the one that was in there crumbled and I had to remove it bit by bit with a needle nose pliers.
Luckily no bits fell into the crankcase

I'm not sure if it was the cold weather (below 30) that caused it or just crap plastic + old age.

After it first crumbled I warmed the engine to make what was left come out easier, should have done that to begin with h:
Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 AM
crlsmares08

got it. dam it's really hard to get to i should of replaced the hose also because im still having a lil bad idle. you guys know wat else causes bad idle.?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
remy

Originally Posted by crlsmares08
got it. dam it's really hard to get to i should of replaced the hose also because im still having a lil bad idle. you guys know wat else causes bad idle.?
what kind of bad idle are you talking about??? Too low rpm or too high?? because the civic should idle at about 675rpm!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
crlsmares08

lol sorry it's a DX so i cant read my rpm's DX's dont come with rpm gauges. but i get bad low idles when i get to a stop light it rattles like it loses power for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 AM
remy

Originally Posted by crlsmares08
lol sorry it's a DX so i cant read my rpm's DX's dont come with rpm gauges. but i get bad low idles when i get to a stop light it rattles like it loses power for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal.
just try to get a 96-00 ex instrument cluster and you should be good...it only takes about 15 minutes to replace your cluster....very easy to do

but talking about low idles!! I know that if you have a leak in the vacuum hoses it can cause the car to idle lower than usual...but i dont know if that is the only thing that can cause it!