Notices

Would anyone be interested in this idea...

Old 10-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Jigga
Sittin on Dubs Minus 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would anyone be interested in this idea...

I'm just putting the feelers out at this point. Anyway, as many of you know, import parts are marked up ridiculously high. Well my friend that runs an import aftermarket business was playing around with an idea. He wants to start an "Import Parts Club". Basically, it would be something like, almost like a sponsorship I guess. People who wanted to do it, would pay some membership fee up front, and then they would be able to get parts at wholesale, or maybe like10-20% over cost or something like that. The requirements would be something along the lines of having to display his companies decal on the car, and go represent at car shows and whatnot. Perhaps there would be yearly dues, or it could be one time fee. It is all up in the air at this point. So basically, you are paying to get into a "club" or whatever, to get all your parts really cheap. If there is enough interest, he will make it happen, as he already has business accounts set up with all the major companies. Any comments/ideas/suggestions?
Old 10-10-2002, 07:19 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Sounds like a decent idea. But for the price of the membership, don't you think that the members should get it at cost, rather than 10-20% above cost?
Old 10-10-2002, 07:25 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

So...basically I have to pay to be a rice boy? I fail to see this happening. I can pay a fee up front and then get parts at cost? There's no profit in that...
Old 10-10-2002, 07:26 PM
b00gers

how much is membership? i'll sport a sticker if i can get cheap parts.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:35 PM
LocaL raCer
R.I.P. Kato-san

Originally posted by WiLL
how much is membership? i'll sport a sticker if i can get cheap parts.
damn ricer :fawk:
Old 10-11-2002, 02:27 AM
Jigga
Sittin on Dubs Minus 1

Originally posted by randomtask77
Sounds like a decent idea. But for the price of the membership, don't you think that the members should get it at cost, rather than 10-20% above cost?
Maybe so, maybe not, that is why i'm getting everyones opinions for them. It is all in the developmental stages right now. If people think its a better idea to just pay for a little higher membership & getting cost as vs a lower membership, and 10% or so over cost, it could turn out that way.

Originally posted by ManTiS
So...basically I have to pay to be a rice boy? I fail to see this happening. I can pay a fee up front and then get parts at cost? There's no profit in that...
I'm not seeing your point...Are you saying putting parts on your car is going to make you a ricer? Please explain.. If your are referring to the sticker, well then if you are representing this company, then its not rice (imo). Personally, I think stickers are ricey when kids a: put stickers on their car of parts they don't have, or b: put huge vinyl schemes on their car.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:30 AM
Jigga
Sittin on Dubs Minus 1

BTW...this may or may not be the sticker. This is their current sticker for sponsored rides (here is a 97 gsr, one of their project cars):

Does that sticker make the car into the ultimate rice mobile?
Old 10-11-2002, 03:45 AM
T-RO

I'd put a sticker on my car if it were worth my while. I would even tell friends about X company if it was worth my while. If it only gets me savings that can be found on Ebay then that is NOT worth my while.
My $.02
Old 10-11-2002, 06:13 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

i would put stickers on my windows, if i were gettign FREE parts..

the integra looks good
Old 10-11-2002, 06:52 AM
b00gers

i wouldnt sport a sticker that big. maybe something for the side windows....depends on what i can get.